Thursday, February 18, 2021

The Damnation of Falst Prophets (Matt. 7:15)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 2/18/2021 8:36 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                      Focus:  “The Damnation of False Prophets”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 7:15

 

            Message of the verse:  15 “Beware of the afalse prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are bravenous wolves.

 

            Now before we get into the subject of the damnation of false prophets I want to talk about a big problem that I have been having over the last few days.  I have mentioned many times that I have been using “The Online Bible” program since sometime in the late 1980’s and that was back when you ordered a program it came with “floppy discs” that you had to put into your computer one at a time in, and keep them in the correct order.  Well a couple of days ago it crashed and perhaps this would not be a problem for some people, but I have to say that it devastated me because I use this program every day.  I teach a Sunday school class, I lead a Bible study, and of course I do my devotions that go onto my blogs each day.  I called the man who has developed this program who lives in Canada and he was patient and tried to tell me how I could fix it, but my computer skills are very limited.  Yesterday I called him again and he gave me a phone number of the man who I can buy the latest and greatest of this program and so I gladly bought it and it should be here by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.  It has some features on it that are new in that it has move Bible translations on it including “The Amplified Bible” which is something that I really wanted to have.  In the mean time I downloaded a NASB95 from the internet and so I am using that to put verses onto my Spiritual Diaries.

 

            Now as far as our topic for today I have to say that the subject does bring gladness to my heart when people like false prophets get what they deserve from the Lord, however I have trouble understanding all of this.  Let me try to explain.  As I look at the different attributes that God has, and we have talked about them in earlier Spiritual Diaries and two of them is God’s love which even many unbelievers talk about and then there is God’s justice.  I certainly do not see a attribute that speaks of God having revenge which is what human beings want, but I don’t think that God is looking for revenge otherwise He would not demonstrate His grace to mankind, and when I say to mankind I am not only speaking of God’s grace for salvation to those who believe in Him through His Son Jesus Christ, but I am talking about God’s common grace that He gives to everyone.  This is demonstrated by giving rain so crops can grow and things like that.  I suppose that I may have watched too many movies where the bad guys get their doom at the revenge of those who harmed them.  I know that God is love and that He is just and I believe that it is because of the breaking of God’s laws that He must give justice to those who do it, and yet I don’t think that is something that brings joy to His heart as the Scriptures says that it is His desire that all men be saved, and yet we know that does not or will not happen.

 

            The following is what John MacArthur has written in this very short section of two paragraphs on the subject for today.  “The destiny of ‘false prophets’ is only implied in verse 19, but it is made explicit in both the preceding and following passages. Because they enter by the wide gate and travel the broad way, their end is destruction (v. 13).  And when they come before Jesus in the day of judgment and say ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’  He will respond, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness’ (vv. 22-23).

 

            “Peter tells us that , along with the heretics and the apostate false teachers, ‘their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep,’ that they will be kept ‘under punishment for the day of judgment,’ and like wild beasts they will ‘also be destroyed,’ and that ‘the black darkness that has been reserved’ for them (2 Pet. 2:3, 9, 12, 17; cf. Jude 13).”

 

13 wild waves of the sea, casting up their own 1shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the 2black darkness has been reserved forever.

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  God is good all the time.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Continue to trust the Lord as I try to, by His grace, get some people together to pray for revival in our lives, our churches life, and in our nations life.

 

2/18/2021 9:04 AM

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment