Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Reason for this blog

I have been asked by some friends and also family to start a blog using, what I call "My Spiritual Diary."  I have been doing these Spiritual Diaries since sometime in 1993, and it all began with a visit to a missionary doctor who showed me how to do them so that I could begin to understand the Bible better.  I started doing them on my computer and kind of moved around from book to book in the New Testament.  After a while I began in the book of Matthew and went through the entire New Testament finishing in early 2005.  I do not have all of those early SD's saved, but do have some starting in the letter of second Thes.  I then began in the Old Testament in early 2005 and am now working on the book of Ezra, finishing from Genesis to 2 Kings.
I use a program called the Online Bible so that I can copy and paste the verses to be studied for that day.  This program has many features on it including all of the Greek and Hebrew words that are only a click away.  I also use Dr. Warren Wiersbe's commentaries which he has called his "be books" as he has a "be book" for almost every book of the Bible.  It has been said of Dr. Wiersbe's writings that he puts the cookies on the shelf where you can reach them.  I also look, from time to time, at the study Bible that I have from John MacArthur. 
I have a great love for studying the Bible and because of that love I wish to make my Spiritual Diaries part of this blog.  I have chosen 2 Timothy 2:15 as the title because that verse sums up what I desire to do when studying the Scriptures.
I must say that some of the things in the Spiritual Diaries  are personal as there is a portion in it that I have to make a personal application as to what the verses that I study mean to me.  After reading the verses and then the commentary it will be up to those who read this to make their own personal application.  There is also a places where I write what my "Steps of Faith for Today" is and this usually is a set series of verses, but also can contain something that has been learned for the verses studied that day.
If anyone reads this blog and are helped in understanding the Scriptures better then my effort will not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment