Monday, November 28, 2011

Elihu continues his speech

11/28/2011 7:01:19 PM



SPIRITURAL DIARY



My Worship Time                                                     Focus:  God is speaking through me PT-2



Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Job 32



            Message of the verses:  I will try and complete the last two sub-points in this section of Job.



            He was impartial (Job 32:14, 21-22): “14  "For he has not arranged his words against me, Nor will I reply to him with your arguments.”

            “21  "Let me now be partial to no one, Nor flatter any man. 22  "For I do not know how to flatter, Else my Maker would soon take me away.”



            First a short word about verses 11-13.  Elihu continues to speak about why he did not say anything until this point.

            Elihu is saying in verse fourteen that there was no one speaking against him when Job or his three friends were speaking so he would not reply to their arguments.  That last statement is in entirely true, for he will refute some of the things that the others have spoken.

            Elihu says in verse twenty-one that he will not flatter anyone and he will keep his word about that promise.  Dr. Wiersbe points out that there are six times in his speech that Elihu uses Job’s first name when talking to him, and that this was unusual for that to happen in that culture.  None of Job’s three friends used his name when talking to him.

            We can see that this young man is very angry, and he may have been impartial, but he is not neutral. 



            He was impelled (Job 32:16-20):  “16  "Shall I wait, because they do not speak, Because they stop and no longer answer? 17  "I too will answer my share, I also will tell my opinion. 18  "For I am full of words; The spirit within me constrains me. 19  "Behold, my belly is like unvented wine, Like new wineskins it is about to burst. 20  "Let me speak that I may get relief; Let me open my lips and answer.”



            It sounds like to me that Elihu really wanted to talk a long time before now, but felt that it was not right.  It may not have been right but since he waited so long he seems to be full of anger, and when a person is so angry he probably will not say the right thing.

            Elihu is compelled to speak because he thinks that God is the One that is giving him the words to say, however when God finally does speak at the end of the book he does not even mention Elihu.



            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I think that what I can learn from this section is when I am angry it is better not to say anything at all so I don’t get myself in trouble.



My Steps of Faith for Today:



1.      When I am angry if I have to speak I need to think before opening my mouth.

2.      Continue to learn contentment.



11/28/2011 7:25:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment