Monday, February 10, 2014

Part Three of our Review of Daniel

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 2/10/2014 10:20 AM
My Worship Time                                                                           Focus: Reviewing Daniel PT-3
            We will continue our review of the book of Daniel in Today’s SD.  Just wanted to mention that today’s SD is number 999, so Lord willing we will do number 1000 tomorrow.
            Daniel Studied the Word of God and He Believed It.  I have already mentioned that Daniel was a student of the Word of God, and now we can go into a more detailed look at this subject. 
            We know that Daniel had a wonderful and successful prayer life, and it had to be linked with the study of the Word of God for it to be as effective as it was.  I have a book that is called “All the Promises in the Bible,” and this book tells of the many promises that God has in His Word, promise that we need, and should pray back to God.  Daniel did this for He knew what was written in the book of Jeremiah and so He prayed to the Lord over what he found out was in that book.  Dr. Wiersbe writes about what an old saint said when asked which was more important prayer of Bible study, and the answer that he gave was a very intelligent answer when he asked which was more important to a bird, his left wing or his right wing.  Needles to say that the answer was that both were important in order for the bird to fly, and both prayer and the study of God’s Word are important so that we can walk with the Lord and be used by Him.
            Daniel had an understanding of Spiritual Warfare:  A few months ago we looked at the tenth chapter of Daniel and in that chapter we saw the importance of spiritual warfare as the angel Gabriel was delayed in his coming to Daniel to show him a vision that God wanted him to see and here, a vision that takes up most of the last three chapters of the book of Daniel.  Gabriel had to have assistance from Michael to fight against what was a strong demon, and after he gave the vision to Daniel he had to return to the fight.  Paul writes:  “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places (Eph. 6:12).”  Frank Peretti wrote a book a few years back entitled “This Presence Darkness,” and the book portrayed something similar that happened to Daniel in a modern story.  I believe that the things like Peretti wrote about and what Daniel wrote about are happening all over this world each and every day.  I also believe that this shows the necessity for believers to be praying for the nation that they live in and also making sure that they have the “Spiritual Armor” on that Paul writes about in Ephesians 6:10-18. 
            Dr. Wiersbe writes:  “Daniel 10 is a key chapter for prayer warriors, people who wrestle in prayer (Col. 4:12) and seek under God to tear down the strongholds that block God’s truth from getting into the minds of unbelievers (2 Cor. 10:1-6).”  “1 Now I, Paul, myself urge you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ-I who am meek when face to face with you, but bold toward you when absent! 2 I ask that when I am present I need not be bold with the confidence with which I propose to be courageous against some, who regard us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, 6 and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.”  Some believers think that warfare praying is not the right thing to do and others do too much of it in ways that are not Scriptural.  Paul prayed this way, and if he did it then we should do it too.  Dr. Wiersbe goes on to talk about the experiences he had when he was Pastor at the Moody Church in Chicago:  “When I was pasturing the Moody Church in Chicago, I met regularly with three ministerial friends, and together we devoted ourselves to warfare praying.  By faith, we sought to attack Satan’s strongholds and open the way for the Word of God to change the lives of people in trouble.  God gave us many wonderful victories in ways that we could never imagined.”
            Spiritual meaning for my life today: I know that as a believer that Satan tries to stop me from doing the things that God wants me to do.  I have had stronger temptations to fight against in the power of the Lord and His Word since I began to put my Spiritual Diaries onto the Web.  Spiritual battles that I sometimes fall too, but continue to fight against by God’s power and His Word.  I cannot give up, but must continue to stand so that the Word of God can be seen in places that I probably will never visit.  I pray that God will give me victory each and every day, and give me wisdom in order to continue to fight the good fight.
My Steps of Faith for Today:  Continue to fight the good fight.
Memory verses for the week:  Philippians 2: 5  Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6  who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “In a stable because there was no room in the inn.”  (Luke 2:7)  This is the answer to the question “where in Bethlehem was Jesus born?”  This question and answer comes from a game I have called “Bible Challenge,” and I do not always, though most times, agree with their answers.  I believe that Jesus was born in a cave in Bethlehem, a very important cave where the Passover Lambs were born.  Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, and that is why I believe He was born in that cave.
Today’s Bible question:  “Who said ‘Separate me Barabbas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them’?”
Answer in our next SD.

2/10/2014 11:50 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment