Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Unusual Answer (Rev. 10:4)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 5/10/2015 7:56 AM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  The Unusual Answer

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Revelation 10:4

            Message of the verses:  “When the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken and do not write them."”

            Let us begin by going back and looking at Revelation 1:19 “"Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.”  We see here what John’s job description was, and these orders came from the Lord Jesus Christ so John was only doing his job when he was about to write down what the seven peals of thunder had spoken.  However he then hears a voice from heaven, and we have to wonder who’s voice from heaven he heard.  Well it does not tell us whose voice was speaking, but if I was to guess I would think that it was the Lord Jesus Christ and the reason that I say this is because He is the one who gave John the orders in Rev. 1:19.  Now another thing that is not revealed is that John was not given any reason not to write down what the seven peals of thunder said.  We may as well not speculate on what the seven peals of thunder said for if God would have wanted us to know what it was He would have had John record it.

            Daniel had similar experiences with the visions that God gave to him.  "The vision of the evenings and mornings Which has been told is true; But keep the vision secret, For it pertains to many days in the future’ (Daniel 8:26).”  Again let us look at Daniel’s writings “He said, "Go your way, Daniel, for these words are concealed and sealed up until the end time (Daniel 12:9).”  Now let us move to Paul’s experience as seen in 2 Corinthians 12:4 “was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.”  Now I want to go to one of my favorite verses in the entire OT “"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law (Deut. 29:29).  Let’s look at this same verse from the “Message”  “GOD, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It’s up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation.”  Job 37:5 says “"God thunders with His voice wondrously, Doing great things which we cannot comprehend.”  The words of what the seven peals of thunder fall into the category of what Job 37:5 says.

            The word mystery is a very interesting word and so I want us to look at it from the Greek/English dictionary that is on my Online Bible Program.  First I will give you the verse that it comes from:  “Ro 11:25  For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery-so that you will not be wise in your own estimation-that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.” 

“3466 μυστηριον musterion moos-tay’-ree-on

 

from a derivative of muo (to shut the mouth); TDNT-4:802,615; n n

 

AV-mystery 27; 27

 

1) hidden thing, secret, mystery

1a) generally mysteries, religious secrets, confided only to the initiated and not to ordinary mortals

1b) a hidden or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding

1c) a hidden purpose or counsel

1c1) secret will

1c1a) of men

1c1b) of God: the secret counsels which govern God in dealing with the righteous, which are hidden from ungodly and wicked men but plain to the godly

2) in rabbinic writings, it denotes the mystic or hidden sense

2a) of an OT saying

2b) of an image or form seen in a vision

2c) of a dream”

            I believe that the “church” actually falls into the category of being a “mystery” for it was not revealed in the OT but is in the NT.

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  There are many times in my life when I wish that God would reveal to me things that I would like to know about, but then one of the things that I do is to look at Deuteronomy 29:29 and realize that God does not have to tell me everything, but the things He does tell me I must obey.  What this is all about is having faith that God loves me and will do the best for me even if I don’t understand it.

My Steps of Faith for Today:  My desire all of this year and I suppose for all eternity is to love the Lord with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to better understand the love that Christ has for me and live in it.

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “Goliath” (1 Samuel 17:4).

Today’s Bible question:  “What is the last book in the Bible?”

Answer in our next SD.

5/10/2015 8:23 AM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment