Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Characteristic of Perfection (Rev. 11:5b)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 7/14/2015 9:32 AM

My Worship Time                                                             Focus:  The Characteristic of Perfection

Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Revelation 11:5b

            Message of the verse:  “They were blameless.”

I want to just say that being a perfectionist is a losing battle as far as I am concerned, for there is no one who is perfect, except for the Lord and so if you are always trying to be perfect you will be disappointed most of the time.  However when we look at the perfection of these 144,000 Jewish Evangelists we see that John reports through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that they are blameless.  John MacArthur writes “Because they will trust in God’s power and lead lives characterized by praise, purity, devoted loyalty, and singleness of purpose, the 144,000 will be blameless.  That does not, of course, mean that they will be sinless (1 Kings 8:46; Job 15:14-16; Ps. 143:2; Prov. 20:9; Eccl. 7:20: 1 John 1:8-10), but they will be sanctified.  They will be above reproach, leading godly lives before all who see them.”

We can look at several verses to show us that God desires us to lead holy lives, and to live in holiness:  “just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. (Eph. 1:4).”  “yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach (Col. 1:22).”  “For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin (2 Cor. 11:2).”  “that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless (Eph. 5:27).”  “15  but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; 16  because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY’ (1 Pet. 1:15-16).”  “Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy (Jude 24).”

I am putting some older Spiritual Diaries onto one of my blogs, as both blogs are named “2 Timothy 2:15,” from the book of Hebrews and I am currently posting from the eleventh chapter of Hebrews which is commonly been called “God’s Hall of Fame,” or “God’s Hall of Faith” as the theme of chapter eleven is faith.  With this said I have stated that this is one chapter in the Scriptures that is not finished for the writer actually says that he did not have time to continue looking at the characters from the Word of God who belonged in this chapter, and so I think we can truly say that the 144,000 Jewish Evangelists rightfully belong in the 11th chapter of Hebrews, for if there is one thing that they will do during the Tribulation Period they will walk by faith one step at a time trusting the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit in their lives. 

We have now come to the end of our study of the 144,000 and I believe that they are a great example for us to follow, to live our lives patterned after the characteristics that we have been studying about in their lives.  It is because of these characteristics that they will have that the greatest spiritual revival in the history of mankind will take place as it will be the best of times and the worst of times, best because souls, many souls will be saved, and the worst for it will be the darkest hour ever to come to planet earth.

We will continue looking at the 14th chapter of Revelation in our next studies as we begin to study about “Angelic Messengers.” 

Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I desire to follow the things that I have been learning about the 144,000 Jewish Evangelists in my life.  I know that I cannot have the same ministry that they will have, however it is my desire to do the things that the things that the Lord has planned for me to do.

My Steps of Faith for Today:  To be a light in an ever darkening world.

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “A ram” (Genesis 22:13).

Today’s Bible question:  “Being made free from sin, one has fruit unto what?”

Answer in our next SD.

7/14/2015 9:59 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment