Saturday, February 2, 2019

PT-2 "The Spirits Power" (Eph. 3:14-16)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 2/2/2019 9:51 AM



My Worship Time                                                                  Focus:  PT-2 “The Spirit’s Power”



Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Ephesians 3:14-16



            Message of the verses:14  For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,”



            We ended our last SD by talking about it not being totally necessary to get on your knees in order to pray to the Lord, and stated that there were also reasons why we should do this, and so we will look at this as we begin our SD for today.



            Why would we want to “bow your knees” to the Father in order to pray?  “In the Scripture bowing the knees signifies several things that may have prompted Paul to mention that position here.  First, it represents an attitude of submission, or recognition that one is in the presences of someone who is of much higher rank, dignity, and authority.  After proclaiming the Lord as ‘the rock of our salvation,…a great God, and a great King above all gods,’ and as the Creator of all the earth, the psalmist says, ‘Come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker’ (Ps. 95:1-6).” 


2/2/2019 10:04 AM



2/2/2019 11:31 AM



            I tried to look up the word “bow” as to how many times it is used in the Bible and I found 95 times it was used, but the problem is that many times it was talking about the rainbow.  God was appalled and heartbroken over hearing of the intermarriage of the Israelites to their foreign neighbors as seen in the book of Ezra and we read in 9:5-6 the following “5 But at the evening offering I arose from my humiliation, even with my garment and my robe torn, and I fell on my knees and stretched out my hands to the LORD my God; 6  and I said, "O my God, I am ashamed and embarrassed to lift up my face to You, my God, for our iniquities have risen above our heads and our guilt has grown even to the heavens.”   I wonder how many people have become this upset over their sins or the sins of the nation that they live in.  I believe that all believers should be like Ezra in our country as we look at the continued mass murders of unborn children, and it is getting worse every day.  Let us look at another verse “Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, as he had been doing previously (Daniel 6:10).”  This verse is speaking of what Daniel did even though he knew that he could be signing his death warrant if he bowed his knees to pray to God.  One more from Acts 20:36 “When he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all.”  This was when Paul was to leave Ephesus for the last time as he was on his way to Jerusalem where he would be arrested and put in jail.



            John MacArthur writes “As he prayed for the Ephesians while writing this letter to them, the apostle felt led to ‘bow’ [his] ‘knees before the Father’ on their behalf, not because that position or any other is especially sacred, but because it spontaneously reflected his reverence for God’s glory in the midst of his passionate prayer.”



Verse that goes along with yesterday’s quote:  “You will keep Him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in You (Isaiah 26:3).”



2/2/2019 11:49 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment