Saturday, February 16, 2019

PT-1 "The Lord's Glory" (Eph. 3:20-21)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 2/16/2019 9:55 AM



My Worship Time                                                                    Focus:   PT-1 “The Lord’s Glory”



Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Ephesians 3:20-21



            Message of the verses:  “Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.  Amen.



            What we have here is Paul giving a great doxology, a paean (a song of praise or triumph) of praise and glory, which is introduced by the words “No unto Him.”



            John MacArthur writes “When the Holy Spirit has empowered us, Christ has indwelt us, love has mastered us, and God has filled us with His own fulness, then He ‘is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think.’  Until those conditions are met, God’s working in us is limited.  When they are met, His working in us is unlimited.  ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believers in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father.  And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.’  (John 14:12-14).”



            I have to say that the first time that I ever “used” these verses was right after my son, who was 18 months at the time, had successful open heart surgery.  He was born with multiple heart issues and actually had his heart taken out of his little chest and repaired.  After this longest day of my life ended I could not help but praise the Lord and a few weeks later I sent a note to our Pastor with these verses on it and he read it before the church.  As I read and study these ending verses of Ephesians chapter three I see that these verses have a sort of condition to them, and that conditions has to do with what we have been learning since 01-31-2019 as we began studying these last verses in Ephesians chapter three.  I take nothing away from the note that I wrote to our church some 38+ years ago, but I am happy that I now have the opportunity to understand better what these verses mean.



            I have to apologize for the shortness of this SD, as there are some things that I have to do later on this morning, but I desire to quote the rest of this rather short section from John MacArthur’s commentary so that we can all get a better idea of what these verses can teach us, which, Lord willing I will do tomorrow.



Verse that goes with yesterday’s quote:  “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).”



2/16/2019 10:19 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment