Monday, November 23, 2020

PT-5 "The Right Understanding of God's Will" (Matt. 6:10a)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 11/23/2020 1:12 PM

 

My Worship Time                                   Focus:  PT-5 “The Right Understanding of God’s Will.”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 6:10a

 

            Message of the verse:  I desire to make this the last SD on this subject as I want to do some more quoting from John MacArthur’s book “Jesus’ Pattern of Prayer,” on this third point that we have been going over for a couple of days now.

 

            “God’s commanding will is related to the Christian.  It is the ardent desire of the heart of God that we who are His children obey Him completely and immediately with willing hearts.

            “And so when I pray, ‘Thy will be done,’ I’m saying, ‘Oh, God, fulfill Your comprehensive will in the world.  Bring it to consummation.  Take every struggle and trial in my life, every pain and anxiety, every sorrow, every sickness, every death, and somehow reverse those results of sin and fit them into Your eternal plan by Your infinite mind.’

            “I’m also saying, ‘O God, there are people in my life and around this globe who don’t know You.  I pray that somehow the gospel would penetrate their hearts.’  That is His compassionate will.

            “Third, I am praying, ‘Lord, about your will of command, I pray that I personally might be obedient.’

            “Through conversation, when Christ comes to reign in a heart; through commitment, when a believer lives according to righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit; and in His second coming, when the kingdom comes to earth.  I see the same three things here.

            “His comprehensive will embraces the ultimate end, the coming again, and the setting up of an eternal kingdom.

            “His compassionate will embraces conversion.

            “And His commanding will embraces the idea of obedient commitment in my life.

            “As Peter said so well in Acts 5:29, ‘We ought to obey God rather than men.’

            “David said it all in the magnificence of Psalm 119, where he stated things like this:  ‘[O God], make me to understand the way of thy precepts…I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me…I will run the way of thy commandments…Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end…I will delight myself in thy commandments..Thy statutes have been my songs…I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me…O how love I thy law!’

            “You know it’s hard to pray that way.  It’s hard to be preoccupied with “God in our prayers, and there’s one basic reason—the major sin of the human heart—pride.”

 

            MacArthur goes on to talk about only having one will in heaven and that is God’s will, but here on earth as we have somewhere around 7-8 billion people we have that many wills, and pride is involved in all of them.

 

            I think that one of the main things that I have learned from this section comes from the verse that we have been studying for several days and that is “thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.”  How can I make heaven’s will here on earth, as heaven’s will is perfect, but because of the old nature that we are all plagued with and the pride we have in our hearts, that makes things two times harder. 

 

            “Another thing that we must remember is that just because something happens here on earth that does not make it automatically the will of God.  However when things happen out of the will of God, but God allows them to happen then we must remember Romans 8:28 as God makes all things in the believer’s life work together for our good, and for His glory.  That is how great our God is.

 

11/23/2020 1:35 PM  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment