Friday, September 24, 2021

PT-1 "A Clear Message" (Matt. 10:7)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 9/24/2021 10:53 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                         Focus:  PT-1 “A clear Message”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 10:7

 

            Message of the verse:  7 “And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’”

 

            I know that it has been a long time since I posted a Spiritual Diary and it was because of going through Covid for the last three plus weeks.  My wife has been in the hospital for the last couple of days and seems to be doing much better as we hope she can come home today.  I am so thankful for my daughter Kim who stayed with Sandy through thick and thin in the ER room to help her through this difficult time.  Many have been praying for us at our church, especially Kim’s volleyball team which she had to miss yesterday’s game because she was staying with her mom.  I could not be there because I have it too and they would have probably wanted to keep me too.  I can say that in my mind Covid is a product of the devil as when a person gets it they lose strength because they lose the ability keep a good supply of O2 in their bodies and this are very tired and cannot think straight so that is a reason that I have not kept up with my SD’s over the last week.  In the end God will use this to bring glory to His Name and those who invented this to harm people will one day have to sit at the Great White Throne Judgment where they will be tried for the wrong that they have done to humanity.  I look forward to watch that trial.

 

            We have been in the 10th chapter of Matthey for a very long time and we begin a new section today with the following words “And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matthew 10:7).  This is the third precept for effective ministry illustrated here and it is that of having a clear message.  Having a clear message is most important.  Many people fail to understand and receive the gospel because they have not heard it clearly presented.  Having a good testimony as one understands exactly what happened to them when they became a Christian is very important.  I have shared my testimony on these pages many times as God certainly made things clear to me that I was a sinner in need of salivation that came only through the life death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ who took my place when He died for me.

 

            I will close this SD with a story from John MacArthur’s commentary to help illustrated the need of having a clear message.

 

            “Some years ago a fellow pastor who was sitting next to me on a plane took a small piece of paper and began writing on it until it was completely covered.  When he handed it to me and asked me what it said, I could hardly distinguish a single letter.  ‘Well, what was the first word I wrote?  He asked; and I had to confess again that I had no idea.  Then he showed me what he had done.  He gave me another small, blank piece of paper and told me to write ‘Christ’ on it.  On top of that first word and all over the rest of the paper, I was then told to write ‘Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist, Episcopal, Pentecostal, dispensational, fundamental, evangelical, liberal, Protestant,’ and perhaps a dozen more such terms.  His point was clear:  the simple gospel of Jesus Christ is sometimes so encumbered with secondary matters and human interpretations that the world has no idea what its central message is.

            “Not only the world but many believers are confused about Christianity became preachers and teachers digress from the gospel of the kingdom into every sort of secondary cause and emphasis.  Satan’s surest way of making the gospel impotent is simply to keep it from being understood.  When the gospel is clouded with political, cultural, social, economic, environmental, ecclesiastical, and other such causes, its message is muddled and its power is diluted.”

 

            I totally have to agree with this quotation.  The gospel message is simple as long as one tries to make it simple.

 

9/24/2021 11:19 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment