Sunday, April 30, 2023

PT-5 "Intro to Matt. 20:20-28

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 4/30/2023 7:53 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                         Focus:  PT-5 “Intro to Matthew 20:20-28”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Matthew 20:20-28

 

            Message of the verses:  20 Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came to Jesus with her sons, bowing down and making a request of Him. 21 And He said to her, "What do you wish?" She said to Him, "Command that in Your kingdom these two sons of mine may sit one on Your right and one on Your left." 22 But Jesus answered, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink?" They said to Him, "We are able." 23 He said to them, "My cup you shall drink; but to sit on My right and on My left, this is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by My Father." 24 And hearing this, the ten became indignant with the two brothers. 25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. 26 “It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, 27  and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; 28  just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.’”

 

            One of the things that Jesus was teaching the twelve while He was on earth was humility, and I think that it is safe to say that after the resurrection of Jesus and after He ascended back into heaven with His Father, that the Holy Spirit would come upon the Twelve, minus Judas, and once this happened that the lesson of humility will be learned at a much faster paste.  I am sometimes hard on the disciples for not learning some things which are to me obvious things to learn, and then I realize that the Holy Spirit had not come upon them during their time of ministry while with Jesus.  It was promised by Jesus to happen, and it did on the Day of Pentecost, but as of yet it had not happened.  I look at my life and know that from January 26, 1974 when I was born again into the family of God that I had the Holy Spirit in my life, but in those early years it took a while for me to better understand exactly what had happened to me, other than the fact that I knew that I was different, and I knew that God from that day on had taking swearing out of my vocabulary.  God his been patient with me, and still is, as He was patient with the Twelve.

 

            It was during this time period that the disciples continued to bicker among each other, and Matthew 19:27 seems to be what they were bickering about “When then will there be for us” (Matt. 19:27).  I think that all true born-again believers ask that same question and in my study of the Word of God I think that I have found an answer to that question, at least a Scripture verse that has helped me answer that question:  “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them” (Eph. 2:10).  I believe that this verse teaches that “God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them” that is in eternity past that God has prepared the things that he desires for each of His children to do, and it is our responsibility to seek God and ask the Holy Spirit to show us what it is that He desires for us to do for the cause of Christ, and then do it through the power of the Holy Spirit so that what we do will bring glory to the Lord.  In my case I believe that I am called to study the Word of God and to write Spiritual Diaries that the Holy Spirit is now sending them around the world, and as I look at what countries He is taking them to I am humbled that I can be a part of spreading the Word of God around the world. 

 

4/30/2023 8:19 AM

 

 

 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment