Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Creation of Man Part-Two

01/13/2006



SPIRITUAL DIARY



My Worship Time                  Focus:  Creation of Man Part 2



Bible Reading & Meditation             Reference:  Genesis 1:29-31



            Message of the verse:  “29 Then God said, ‘Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30 and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food’; and it was so. 31 God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.”

            As I was reading Dr. Wiersbe’s notes on this first chapter of Genesis he said that God created the earth on the first four days and then He filled it on the next three days.  As I look at the creation of the animals and man this is part of filling the earth, but verses 29 and 30 describes how God filled the animals and also man by giving them the plants and also the fruit from the plants as food.  I do believe that these days were 24 hour days, and I also believe that there were never any animals on the earth until this time, and that all of these animals ate nothing but plants and the fruit from them, including the fruit from the trees that God created.   Verse thirty give kind of a commentary from God about all of His creation, for it says “God saw all that He made, and behold, it was very good.”  God looked over all that He had created in this week of creation, the earth, the stars, the seas, the dry ground, the fish, the birds, the animals, and man and said that all of this was very good, and it surely was.  Now in the next chapter it will show that on the seventh day God would rest from His work, and thus make the seventh day a holy or Sabbath day.   



            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  As I look at what God said after creation was over, that it was very good, I cannot help but think that, that is what I should be able to say after each day of my life that I walk with my Creator God, that, that day was very good, but I cannot always say that because of the times when I have sinned against Him.



The Word of God has challenged my heart as I read it and studied it this morning.



My Steps of Faith Today:  Continue to trust the Lord to direct my path, and to teach me to be content to walk with the King today and be a blessing, and to trust the Lord to give me the things to say at our Bible Study that will be pleasing to Him and helpful to all who attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment