Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sixth Day of Creation Part One

01/10/2006



SPIRITUAL DIARY



My Worship Time                  Focus:  Creation’s Sixth Day (Part 1)



Bible Reading & Meditation             Reference:  Genesis 1:24-25



            Message of the verses:  “24  And God said, ‘Let the earth bring forth every kind of animal—livestock, small animals, and wildlife.’ And so it was.  25  God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to reproduce more of its own kind. And God saw that it was good.”

              Verses twenty-four and twenty-five describe the creation of the animals that God would fill the earth with.  Just as God filled the air with the birds and the sea with fish and other water animals, so He now fills the land with different animals.  God would also make man on the sixth day, but that will be a discussion for another day.  God made all of the animals out of the dust of the ground and the animals were to reproduce after their own kind just as the birds and the fish were to do along with the plants.  When the animals would die they too would go back to the earth from which they were formed out of.  At the end of the creation of the animals God again said that this was good. 

            Even though animals were created on the same day as man was created there is a large difference between the two.  When God created man He breathed life into him, but this was not true of the animals.  Mankind is to treat animals in a good way, and not torture them, however later on God told man that he could eat the animals, but this did not mean that man could torture them. 

            It is very sad today that some people want to treat the animals better than humans are treated, especially the unborn babies, and this sure opposes the things that are written in the Word of God.



            Spiritual meaning for my life today: I must have been kind of brain dead all the years of my life to not understand that when God would breath the breath of live into humans it was not so that they could breathe air and live, but it was to have a spirit and a relationship with God.  When I was born again in Jan. of 1974 the Spirit of God breathed into me a new life, as He does all who are born again.



The Word of God has been refreshing to my heart as I read it and studied it this morning.



My Steps of Faith Today:  Continue to trust in the Lord to lead me and to guide me onto the paths that He would want me to go.  Continue to trust the Lord to teach me contentment as He leads me through the troubled waters of life, hoping that some day He will restore our funds that have been taken from us.  I also want to trust the Lord to choose the job that He wants me to do for Him, either continue in my job at GBC or go on another job with HRSG International.

No comments:

Post a Comment