Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jeremiah had his doubts from Jeremiah 1:6-8

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/19/2014 10:45 PM
My Worship Time                                                                 Focus:  Jeremiah Was Doubtful PT-2
Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Jeremiah 1:6-8
            Message of the verses:  We will look at the second sub-point from the outline given by Warren Wiersbe.
            God’s Protecting Presence (Jeremiah 1:6-8):  “6 Then I said, "Alas, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, Because I am a youth." 7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, ’I am a youth,’ Because everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak. 8 “Do not be afraid of them, For I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD.”
            As we look at these three verses we see that God has given Jeremiah three instructions.  The first one is that Jeremiah is to go where God sends him, and then he is to speak the words that God gives him to speak, and finally he is not to be afraid of the people and he is probably speaking of the people that he is speaking to.  For a repeating of this let us look at verse nineteen “19 “They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD.”
            Dr. Wiersbe gives us some food for thought in the last paragraph of this section:  “Please note that there was a condition attached to this encouraging promise: Jeremiah had to go where God sent him and speak what God told him to speak.  He also had to believe God’s promise and prove it by not fearing the people.  We call Jeremiah ‘the weeping prophet,’ and he was (9:1), but he was also a courageous man who faced many dangers and trials and remained true to the Lord.  He knew that the Lord was with him just as we should know that the Lord is with us.  ‘For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’  So we may boldly say: ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?’” (Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV).
            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  It does take courage to serve the Lord, and it also takes obedience to serve the Lord and Jeremiah had both of these qualities, along with weeping over sinful man.  I just listened to the 17th chapter of the book of Acts and in that chapter the Apostle Paul is in the city of Athens and as he was walking around in that city he became very upset over the many idols that he saw.  Like Jeremiah, Paul was upset with sinfulness, something that I too need to be.
My Steps of Faith for Today:  Trust the Lord to give me what is needed to accomplish all that He has for me to do.
Answer to yesterday’s Bible Question:  “As virgins” (2 Corinthians 11:2).”
Today’s Bible Question:
“What did Jesus say to the leper when the leper wanted to be cleansed?”
Answer in our next SD.
1/19/2014 11:07 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment