Monday, January 20, 2014

Jeremiah Was Doubtful PT-3 from Jeremiah 1:9-10

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/20/2014 10:58 AM
My Worship Time                                                                  Focus:  Jeremiah was Doubtful PT-3
Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Jeremiah 1:9-10
            Message of the verses:  We will look at the last sub-point in Warren Wiersbe’s outline in today’s SD.
            God’s Effecting Word (Jeremiah 1:9-10):  “9 Then the LORD stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me, "Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. 10 “See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, To pluck up and to break down, To destroy and to overthrow, To build and to plant.’”
            Let us begin by looking at two notes from the John MacArthur Study Bible on these verses:  “My Words in your mouth:  God used him as His mouthpiece speaking His message (15:19); thus, Jeremiah’s fitting response to receive God’s Word (15:16).”
            Jeremiah 15:19 “Therefore, thus says the LORD, "If you return, then I will restore you- Before Me you will stand; And if you extract the precious from the worthless, You will become My spokesman. They for their part may turn to you, But as for you, you must not turn to them.”
            Jeremiah 15:16 “Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.”
            “Appointed you…over:  Because God spoke through Jeremiah, the message has divine authority.” 
            I think that many of us do not understand the power that is in God’s Word, for it was by His word that He created the entire universe, especially the earth which we live on.  Whenever I think about the Word of God I think many times on Hebrews 4:12 which says, “For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.”  Then I also think about Romans 10:17 “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.”  The entire 119th Psalm, all 176 verse is about the Word of God, and so is the 19th Psalm.  “7 The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the LORD are true; they are righteous altogether. 10 They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb. 11 Moreover, by them Your servant is warned; In keeping them there is great reward. 12 Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults. 13  Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be blameless, And I shall be acquitted of great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer (Psalm 19:7-14).”
            I want to use one more example of the power of God’s Word and it comes from Hebrews 1:3 “And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.”  Since has no idea of what holds the universe together, but the Bible tells us it is Jesus Christ.
            God tells Jeremiah that He is going to put His Words into his mouth so that he could declare what the Lord has to say to the nations and also to Judah to whom he speaks directly to.
            Dr. Wiersbe writes:  “In too many churches today, worship has become entertainment and preaching is merely the happy dispensing of good advice.  We need to hear and obey Paul’s admonition to Timothy:  ‘Preach the Word’ (2Tim. 4:2).  The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth (John 16:13) and works by means of the Word of truth (Ps. 119:43; 2 Tim. 2:15).  Jeremiah didn’t accomplish God’s will on earth by means of clever speeches, cunning diplomacy, or skillful psychology.  He heard Gods’ Word, took it too heart, and then proclaimed it fearlessly to the people.  God did the rest.”
            We know that there must have been some fear and trepidation when all of these things began to happen to Jeremiah, but in the end Jeremiah would trust the Lord and do the things that He called him to do.
            Dr. Wiersbe concludes this section with these very important words that can mean much to us if we heed them:  “Any servant of God who feels himself or herself too weak to serve needs to consider these three encouragements.  Has God called you?  Then He will equip you and enable you.  Are you obeying His commands by faith?  Then He is with you to protect you.  Are you sharing the Word?  Then He will accomplish His purposes no matter how the people respond.  Jeremiah’s name means ‘Jehovah establishes’ and God did establish His servant and his ministry and cared for him to the very end.”
            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  These promises that I look at from Warren Wiersbe are something that I want to take hold of.  All believers are called by the Lord and so that means that they have the power through His Word and by His Spirit to accomplish His will.
My Steps of Faith for Today:  Trust the Lord to empower me to do His will.
Answer to yesterday’s Bible Question:  “I will, be thou clean” (Mark 1:41).
Today’s Bible Question:  “Who said ‘Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and have to the other?’”
Answer in our next SD.
1/20/2014 1:25 PM
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment