Saturday, June 6, 2015

God's Love Promised PT-1 (Hosea 2:14-23)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 6/6/2015 10:15 PM

My Worship Time                                                                  Focus:  God’s Love Promised PT-1

Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Hosea 2:14-23

            Message of the verses: “14 "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Bring her into the wilderness And speak kindly to her. 15 “Then I will give her her vineyards from there, And the valley of Achor as a door of hope. And she will sing there as in the days of her youth, As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt. 16 "It will come about in that day," declares the LORD, "That you will call Me Ishi And will no longer call Me Baali. 17 “For I will remove the names of the Baals from her mouth, So that they will be mentioned by their names no more. 18 “In that day I will also make a covenant for them With the beasts of the field, The birds of the sky And the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish the bow, the sword and war from the land, And will make them lie down in safety. 19 “I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice, In lovingkindness and in compassion, 20 And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the LORD. 21 “It will come about in that day that I will respond," declares the LORD. "I will respond to the heavens, and they will respond to the earth, 22, the earth will respond to the grain, to the new wine and to the oil, And they will respond to Jezreel. 23 “I will sow her for Myself in the land. I will also have compassion on her who had not obtained compassion, And I will say to those who were not My people, ’You are My people!’ And they will say, ’You are my God!’"”

            We begin the last main point in Dr. Wiersbe’s outline which he has entitled “Hosea:  God Is Love” (Hosea 2:14-3:5).  He begins this commentary by reminding us that “The three children have taught us about the grace of God, and Gomer has taught us about the holiness of God.  Now Hosea will teach s about the love of God.

            ‘Hosea takes his place among the greatest lovers of all the ages,’ wrote Kyle M. Yates.  ‘His love was so strong that the vilest behavior could not dull it…Gomer broke his heart but she made it possible for him to give to the world a picture of the heart of the divine Lover.’”

            We see many “I will’s” in this passage speaking of what God is going to do for the nation of Israel mostly this will be done in the Millennial Kingdom.  We will look at a number of these “I will’s” in this SD and then look at more in our next SD.

            I will allure” is the first one and it can be found in verse fourteen.  God does not force people to love Him, but he does allure them to love Him or He woos them to love Him.  We cannot love God unless He first love us which is what He did when He sent His Son to the cross to take our place there and die for us there.  As we begin to learn about God in His Word and understand all the wonderful things that He has done for us and also learn about the attributes that He has we will then begin to love Him.  We see that the Lord reminds His people how He led them through the wilderness after taking them out of Egypt, and then He promises to take them into His promised Kingdom as both of these are proofs that He loves them.

            We will look at one more of these “I will’s “in this SD, the “I will give” which is found in verse fifteen.  God promises the children of Israel that He will guarantee a return of them to the land of Israel as he states in “the valley of Achor.”  Dr. Wiersbe writes “To Israel, the Valley of Achor (trouble) was the place where Achan stole from God and brought shameful defeat to Israel’s army (Josh. 7), but that memory would be erased from their minds.  The valley would become a ‘door of hope’ through which Israel would enter into a new life.  The experience would produce singing as when Israel escaped from Egypt and saw her enemies defeated before their very eyes (Ex. 14-15).”  Isaiah writes in 65:10 “"Sharon will be a pasture land for flocks, And the valley of Achor a resting place for herds, For My people who seek Me.”  Dr. Wiersbe concludes as he speaks of Isaiah 65:10 “This is an Old Testament version of Romans 8:28, for only the Lord can take defeat and shame and turn it into victory and glory.”

6/6/2015 10:42 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment