Thursday, March 1, 2018

They Were Persistent (Acts 13:43a)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 3/1/2018 9:30 AM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  They Were Persistent

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Acts 13:43a

            Message of the verses:  “43 Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas.”

            First of all I want to apologize because of the shortness of this SD as we have had a couple of grand-children to take care of over the past couple of days and therefore my time for doing my Spiritual Diaries has been shortened.  What we are looking at this morning is the second sub-point from the first major main point entitled “The Initial Reaction.” 

            In our last SD we wrote about the importance of accepting Christ when the message is first heard “today is the day of salvation.”  We also mentioned that some of the people wanted to wait until the next Sabbath to hear more from Paul and Barnabas, and yet in or verse for today we see that “many of the Jews and the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas.”  Proselytes are Gentiles who have desired to belong to the Jewish faith.  I also want to say that in order for them to become members of the Jewish faith they had to go through a baptism.

            I have to say that I believe that the Spirit of God had a wonderful affect on the hearts and minds of these Jews and proselytes as they seemed to be following Paul and Barnabas around the streets of Pisidian Antioch in order to get more information about Jesus Christ.  I can understand them perfectly as once I became a believer I was looking for materials to help me understand what in the world was going on with me. 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  It was little over 44 years ago that I was looking for material to understand more about Jesus Christ and I have to say that I am still doing this very same thing as I take time to study His Word and desire to grow up in Christ each day.

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Even though things are a bit hectic around the house this morning I still desire to take the time to do my Spiritual Diaries.

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “Man, seed of Abraham” (Hebrews 2:14, 16).

Today’s Bible question:  “Which of Jesus’ parables tell us that God is willing to forgive and restore the sinner who repents.”

Answer in our next SD.

3/1/2018 9:53 AM   

No comments:

Post a Comment