Sunday, December 9, 2018

PT-2 "Understanding the Greatness of God's Person" from Eph. 1:21-23


Spiritual Diary For 12/9/2018 9:04 PM



My Worship Time                          Focus:  PT-2 “Understanding the Greatness of God’s Person”



Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Ephesians 1:21-23



            Message of the verses:  21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.”



            As we continue to look at the three remaining verses of this wonderful prayer that Paul is praying for those in Ephesus and everyone else who is reading them including us we can gleam from this something that I think is important.  When we as believers go through difficult times we should take time to focus in on the glory of the Lord.  One of the ways that we can do this is to learn more about the Lord, and one of the ways we can learn more about the Lord is to study His attributes.  I will give a list of them in this section so that you can think about them and study them and then you will learn more about the Lord.  God is HOLY, good, glorious, pure, sovereign, gracious, merciful, long-suffering, truth, measureless, omnipresence, omnipotent, omniscience, all wise, immutable, eternal, God is wrath, God pardons, God is Jealous, faithful, God is love and just.  This list comes from my prayer list and I use it each day that I use that list to praise the Lord for who He is.



            John MacArthur writes the following about the word “rule.”  “The terms rule (arche, meaning leader or first one), authority (exousia), ‘power’ (dumamis), and dominion (kuriotes, lordship) were traditional Jewish terms to designate angelic beings of great rank and might.  The point here is that the power of Christ applied in the believer’s behalf cannot be overthrown or negated or defeated, because it far surpasses that of the hosts of Satan who design to defeat it.”



            We can tell from reading the book of Job and other parts of Scripture that there are times when the Lord and His angels fight against Satan and his evil angels of demons, and this is of great importance as seen in the Scriptures.  We know who will eventually win, but we also know that as Paul writes in chapter six of Ephesians that these demotic hosts fight against us, and it is our duty as believers to put on the Spiritual armor which is found in chapter six.  This is another part of my prayer list which I will also quote here: 



1.                  Putting on the Spiritual Armor:  It is an important thing for believers to do each day in preparation for their time of prayer.  I desire to put on the different pieces of the Spiritual Armor as found in Ephesians chapter six, and that by doing this as an act of faith I believe that it will please the Lord and bring glory to His name. I know that when I put these on that I am putting on the Lord Jesus Christ as described in Romans 13:14 “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.” 

(A) I now take up the belt of truth, knowing that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, knowing that His Word is truth and I desire to be protected by His truth as I use it in the power of the Spirit today.  

(B) I put on the breastplate of righteousness thanking God for the righteousness that I have in Christ Jesus, and it is my desire to be protected by His righteousness and live before Him in righteousness and holiness today.

 (C) I put on the shoes of the Gospel of Peace, thanking God for His provision of peace that I have with Him through the blood of the cross, and also thanking Him, who provides the peace that passes all understanding. 

(D) I take up the shield of faith to stop all of the fiery darts of Satan, and I ask the Lord to make sure that I don’t add fuel to those fiery darts that Satan shoots at me.

(E) I put on the helmet of the hope of Salvation, knowing Jesus Christ will soon come again, and therefore I am not to have my roots in this world.  I am to be living as if the Lord were to come back today. 

(F) I take up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, as it is to be used to combat the devil with its Truth as I use it like Jesus did in Matthew chapter four.”



            We still have some to go in these verses which I plan to look at in our next SD.



Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “Bathsheba” (1 Kings 1:11).



Today’s Bible question:  “Which prophet of royal descent was about eighteen years old when he was carried into Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar?”



Answer in our next SD.



12/9/2018 9:24 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment