Sunday, April 3, 2022

PT-1 "The Worldly Hearer" (Matt. 13:22)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 4/3/2022 8:21 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                  Focus:  PT-1 “The Worldly Hearer”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                    Reference:  Matthew 13:22

 

            Message of the verse:  22 "And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.”

 

            I have to say that to me, perhaps this section from verse 22 is the one that happens to the most people, especially in our country today.  Also perhaps this can be the one that many true believers fall prey too.

 

            This is the third patch of soil and this is infested with thorns and represents the man who hears the word but who is too worldly for it to take root and grow in his heart.  This person hears the word of the gospel, and may even make a token profession of faith, however his first love is the things of the world, and so his worry about or his preoccupation with those things that blinds him to the importance of the gospel or perhaps anything else spiritual and eternal.  The problem is that he loves riches and lives as if they are the answer to all of the needs that he has or desires.  The truth is that he is oblivious to their deceitfulness, to their utter inability to satisfy the heart or bring lasting happiness.  This man does not notice his deceiving worldliness as it chokes the word, and because his attention is on his riches, possessions, prestige, position, and other things of the world.  He is not even aware that he has lost what knowledge of the world he once had or that his spiritual life is totally unfruitful and that is because he has no real interest in such things.

 

            At this time I want to quote from a Spiritual Diary that I just put onto my other blog which I wrote on the first of August in 2019 which I believe will show that opposite of what this man thought he had.

 

John MacArthur concludes this section by writing “A city missionary in London was called to an old tenement building where a woman lay dying in the last stages of a terrible disease.  The room was cold and she had nowhere to lie but on the floor.  When the missionary asked if there was anything he could do, she replied, ‘I have all I really need; I have Jesus Christ.’  Deeply moved, the missionary went home and penned these words:

 

‘In the heart of London City,

Mid the dwellings of the poor,

These bright and golden words were uttered,

‘I have Christ.  What want I more?’

Spoken by a lonely woman dying on a garret floor,

Having not one earthly comfort,

‘I have Christ.  What want I more?’”

Give Me Jesus

Jeremy Camp

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus

When I am alone
When I am alone
Oh, when I am alone
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus

Jesus
Give me Jesus

When I come to die
When I come to die
Oh, when I come to die
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus

 

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus

4/3/2022 8:38 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment