Wednesday, February 22, 2023

PT-5 "The Appropriation" (Matt. 19:10-12)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 2/22/2023 10:15 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                      Focus:  PT-5 “The Appropriation”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                               Reference: Matthew 19:10-12

 

            Message of the verses:  10 The disciples said to Him, "If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry." 11 But He said to them, "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 “For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it.’”

 

            We continue commenting on these verses, and I want to say that there are probably many believers today who do not really want to get married for one reason or another, but while they are single they endure continual frustration, temptations, and unnecessary loneliness because, for one reason or another, the intentionally avoid marriage.  Perhaps they have had bad experiences and therefore just don’t want to get married because of bad experiences.  I do believe just as the Lord says in verse twelve that there are some people called to be single, single in order to serve the Lord.  I remember a long time ago that I listened to a Christian radio show and the man started his short talk by saying that Paul (the apostle) was married, and the reason that he said this was because he was a Pharisee and Pharisee’s were required to be married.  If he was we don’t know what happened to his wife, and Paul writes that it is better for people to be single in order to serve the Lord, but if they burn with lust then they should get married. 

 

            When one thinks of the sovereignty of God as He has chosen all who will come to Him will come, and this was done before the foundation of the world.  Now I believe this with all my heart, but I will never understand this while on this earth, perhaps in heaven I will understand this, but I am not sure of that.  Now with that said all that God chose in eternity past will have to be born as that only makes sense.  Think of the human provability of this happening and it will stagger your mind.  My late father-in-law was almost killed in WWII as a shell came into the jeep that he was riding in.  He had a driver because he was an officer, and the shell came between the two front seats of the jeep and he was spared.  As I look back on knowing this I knew that nothing was going to happen to him then for although he was married at the time they had no children then.  My to be wife was born on March 18, 1950 and as stated she had to be born because God chose her for salvation before the world began.  This is just one of millions of stories that are out there.  As far as I know my wife is the only believer in her family, and I am speaking of a large family when it comes to my wife’s family is very large when you count all of the cousins in it. 

 

            Ok, I am done going down a rabbit hole, but I will say that although many don’t believe what I have just written, I do and it is not a problem for my God to make all of this happen.

 

            Jesus talks about three categories where there can be successful singleness.  MacArthur writes “First are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb.  These are people who are born with congenital deformities that involve undeveloped sexual capacity.  Second are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, such as were male harem guards of that day.  In some ancient religions, castration was considered a way of pleasing and serving a pagan deity, and parents sometimes even had their infant sons castrated for that purpose.  Obviously, castrated men do not have normal desires for woman.

 

            “Third are eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven.  Unlike the other two forms, this one is not physical.  Mutilation of the flesh in order to please God is purely a pagan idea.  Jesus is speaking of the voluntary celibacy of those to whm that gift has been granted (v.-11).  In that case, celibacy can indeed be for the sake of the kingdom of God and be pleasing to Him and used by Him.

 

            Lord will we will conclude this section in our next SD as we begin with something that John MacArthur states that differs from what I heard on the radion many years ago.

 

2/22/2023 10:42 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment