Sunday, March 26, 2023

PT-2 "The Riches of Poverty" (Matt. 19:27-29)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 3/26/2023 6:46 PM

 

My Worship Time                                                                Focus:  PT-2 “The Riches of Poverty”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Matthew 19:27-29

 

            Message of the verses:  27 Then Peter answered and said to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?" 28 And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29  "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, shall receive many times as much, and shall inherit eternal life.”

 

            The first thing that I want to address is that as of yet I have not located the song by Michael Card but if and when I get it I will post it in one of my Spiritual Diaries.  For whatever reason I had a very difficult time sleeping last night and therefore I am writing this SD a little later than usual and also it will not be as long either for that same reason.  I really don’t like to miss doing my devotions and there are a couple of milestones coming up for me, and the first one is that total Spiritual Diaries looked at will soon reach 300,000 and total Spiritual Diaries written will soon reach 10,000.

 

            We are trying to understand what the context of  Peter is asking Jesus in verse 27, trying to find out what his motive was for asking the Lord this question. I think that it is fair to say the Peter at this time has a good motive in asking the Lord this question, but one has to remember that it was not until the Day of Pentecost after Jesus had been resurrected that the disciples and all believers since then have received the Holy Spirit, which will make a big difference in Peter’s life and should make a big difference in every believer’s life.  Now because we have learned that Peter is the spokesman for all the disciples, that he is asking this for all of them.  Again I want to repeat at this time that Peter, nor any of the other disciples realized that Judas was not a true believer, as he was only in it for the money and the power.  I think it is fair that all of the other eleven disciples minus Judas were actually looking for what Judas was looking for but once they realized after the resurrection that this was not going to happen for a while, and it has been almost 2000 years, that they went out and preached the gospel to others.  I am reading a book to my wife in the evening about Moses’ life and we are in the part that tells of Moses going to Pharaoh and telling him to let the people go,  we can see that Pharaoh had some similarities that Judas had.  MacArthur writes of Judas:  “Judas was much further from the kingdom than the rich young ruler, who at least knew he needed eternal life and had a certain desire for it.  Judas, on the other hand, was totally concerned with his present, earthly life.”

 

            Ok I finally found the song by Michael Card that I was looking for yesterday and I will not post it on this SD and then we will continue looking at these verses in our next SD.  “Trader’s Look” is the name of the song.

 

 

Michael Card
How did it feel to take the place
Of honor at the meal
To take the sup from His own hand
A prophesy to seal
Was it because He washed your feet
That you sold Him as a slave
The Son of Man, the Lamb of God
Who'd only come to save
The silver that they paid to you
From out their precious till
Was meant to buy a spotless lamb
A sacrifice to kill
How heavy was the money bag
That couldn't set you free
It became a heavy millstone
As you fell into the sea
Now Judas don't you come to close
I fear that I might see
That traitor's look upon your face
Might look too much like me
Cause just like you I've sold the Lord
And often for much less
And like a retched traitor
I betrayed Him with a kiss

 

3/26/2023 7:28 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment