Tuesday, August 8, 2023

PT-4 "The Intruder Expelled" (Matt. 22:11-14)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 8/8/2023 10:26 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                Focus:  PT-4 “The Intruder Expelled”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Matthew 22:11-14

 

            Message of the verses:  11 "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes, 12 and he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?’ And the man was speechless. 13 “Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.’”

 

            When I do my prayer time from a list that I have, one of the things that I do is praise the Lord for His attributes, and one of His attributes is that He is immutable, He knows all things.  This means that God can look at a person’s heart and know whether or not their righteousness is something of their own making or His granting it to them through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross.  MacArthur ads “The Lord not only imputes but imparts righteousness to His children.  Only He can see the internal righteousness that He imputes, but everyone can see the external righteousness that He imparts.  A child of God is characterized by a holy life.  Peter made that fact clear when he described salvation as “obedience to the truth” which has “purified your souls” (1 Pet. 1:22).”

 

            I have been mentioning the truth of what happens when a person becomes a believer, and how one can have a good idea that that person is a believer by the fruit that they will manifest.  Just before Jesus declared that prophesying, casting out demons, and performing miracles in His name may be false evidence of salvation, and as we look back at when He sent out the twelve, and then the seventy to preach the gospel and do these things mentioned, we have to believe that Judas was along doing these things in Jesus’ name.  We know what happened to Judas!  Let us now look at Matthew 7:16-17, 21-21.  “16 “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 “So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.”  “21 "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’” MacArthur concludes this thought by writing “A holy, godly life cannot help bearing righteous fruit, because it is the natural outgrowth of the work of the Spirit within (Gal. 5:22-23).”  “22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”

 

            If one would have come up to Jesus and ask Him something like “How can I be clothed in the proper garment?  What can I do to keep from being cast into the outer darkness like that man in this parable?  Someone who is reading this at this time may be asking this very question.  Jesus would have no doubt have said to that person as He had said many times before in various ways, “Come to Me, that you may have life” (John 5:40). In 2 Corinthians 5:21, one of the great salvation verses in the Word of God Paul wrote “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (NIV).

 

            In every one of these parables but this one Jesus asked the Jewish leaders to comment on the first two parables.  When the Jewish leaders did comment on these first two parables they would condemn themselves with their answers as seen in 21:31-32, 40-45.  Jesus knew that these Jewish leaders would not be trapped again, because it was now obvious that the whole thrust of the parables was to condemn them.  I can imagine that the faces of these leaders were turning red with anger as it was their desire to only do one thing to Jesus and that was to have Him killed.  However we must remember that even though they will get what they wanted in killing Jesus it would be in His time and under His control.

 

            I have been waiting to get insight from the last verse in this parable and so I desire just to quote what MacArthur has to say about this verse.  Thinking about what I just wrote about the Jewish leaders MacArthur writes “Consequently, the Lord closed with the simple but sobering statement, Many are called, but few are chosen.  That phrase reflects the spiritual balance between God’s sovereignty and man’s will.  The invitations to the wedding feast went out to many, representative of everyone to whom the gospel message is sent.  But few of those who heard the call were willing to accept it and thereby be among the chosen.  The gospel invitation is sent to everyone, because it is not the Father’s will that a single person be excluded from His kingdom and perish in the outer darkness of hell (2 Pet. 3:9).  But not everyone wants God, and many who claim to want Him do not want Him on His terms.  Those who are saved enter God’s kingdom because of their willing acceptance of His sovereign, gracious provision.  Those who are lost are excluded from the kingdom because of their willing rejection of that same sovereign grace.”

 

            I realize that this statement is hard for some to believe, but it is what the Bible teaches.  In my case, when I came to the Lord on the 26th of January, 1974 I know that as I look back that this statement is true in my life as the circumstances of me coming to Christ cause me to better understand what the Bible has to say concerning God’s sovereignty and man’s will.  When taking that faithful trip to Florida back in January of 1974 to visit a friend of mine my intentions were not good, but God used that trip to cause me to understand the truth of the Gospel by listening to several sermons on the end times by Hal Lindsey.  This was just what I needed to understand the truth of the gospel and then accept Jesus Christ as my Savior and my Lord.  I was certainly a baby believer as I actually did not attend church until four years later, but have been active in two churches ever since.  I am thankful for the patience of God as it has been demonstrated in my life since that wonderful day when He saved me.

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  Looking back on the new life that Jesus gave me I can say that there have been ups and downs but through it all I know that God is in control and am thankful beyond words for that.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I desire to continue to pray for revival in Singapore as it seems to me that the Lord is using these Spiritual Diaries to do a work there and for that I am very thankful.   8/8/2023 11:15 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment