Friday, October 25, 2013

Babylon to Be Destroyed (Isaiah 43:14-21)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/25/2013 2:54 PM

My Worship Time                                                                        Focus:  Babylon to be Destroyed

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Isaiah 43:14-21

            Message of the verses:  “14 Thus says the LORD your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "For your sake I have sent to Babylon, And will bring them all down as fugitives, Even the Chaldeans, into the ships in which they rejoice. 15 “I am the LORD, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King." 16 Thus says the LORD, Who makes a way through the sea And a path through the mighty waters, 17 Who brings forth the chariot and the horse, The army and the mighty man (They will lie down together and not rise again; They have been quenched and extinguished like a wick): 18 “Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. 19 “Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. 20 “The beasts of the field will glorify Me, The jackals and the ostriches, Because I have given waters in the wilderness And rivers in the desert, To give drink to My chosen people. 21 “The people whom I formed for Myself Will declare My praise.”

            The following is a part of the note on verse fourteen in the John MacArthur Study Bible and it speaks of the two names of God given in this verse, “Redeemer” and “The Holy One of Israel”:  The former title characterizes the Lord’s role in the salvation of His people in chapters 40-66.  The latter title represents His holiness throughout the book.  The Lord’s Servant retains His holiness in implementing His redemption of Israel.”  In the last part of the verse we see how some of the Babylonians escaped after Cyrus overtook the kingdom of Babylon, and that is in ships, as these ships could go through the Persian Gulf along with the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.

            Verse fifteen speaks of “The King,” and that is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ.  Israel asked for a king as seen in the book of 1 Samuel and now as they go into captivity they had no earthly king, but God was still their King, and the Lord Jesus Christ will reign from His throne in Jerusalem in the 1000 year kingdom.

            In verses 16-17 Isaiah is reminding the people of the deliverance of Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and this will give them hope of another exodus.  In verses 18-19 we see that the way that God will give deliverance to them in Egypt will pale in comparison with the future deliverance the Lord will give His people.  I am not sure if verses 18-19 speak of some verses in the book of Revelations or not, but in Revelation chapter twelve we see the story of the birth of Jesus Christ and right after His birth we see Him taken up to heaven.  This angered Satan and so He began to persecute the Jews, but God protects them in the wilderness, providing a place for them to stay.  These verses also remind me of how the Lord will redo the earth when He returns and then we will see rivers in the desert and we will see crops growing wonderfully in the place that is now a desert.  This is seen in verse twenty of Isaiah 43.

            MacArthur writes the following in relationship with verse twenty-one:  Declare My praise:  In the messianic age, Israel will finally give the Lord the credit that is due Him.”

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I was listening to a sermon by John MacArthur this afternoon from Acts chapter one, and in that message he quoted a poem that his grand-father had pasted in his Bible.  The poem has some similar things in it that we have seen from MacArthur’s note on Isaiah 43:21.  “"When I stand at the judgment seat of Christ and He shows me His plan for me; The plan of my life, as it might have been, and I see how I blocked Him here and checked Him there and would not yield my will. Will there be grief in my Savior's eyes, grief

though He loves me still? He would have me rich, but I stand there poor, stripped of all but His grace while memory runs like a haunted thing down a path I can't retrace. Then my desolate heart will well nigh break with tears I cannot shed. I'll cover my face with my empty hands, I'll bow my uncrowned head"...then this prayer..."Oh, Lord of the years that are left to me, I give them to Thy hand. Take me, break me, mold me to the pattern that Thou hast planned.’”

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Oh, Lord of the years that are left to me, I give them to Thy hand. Take me, break me, mold me to the pattern that Thou hast planned.’”

 

Memory verses for the week: 2Peter 1:1-9

 

            1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, but the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:  2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; 3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called by His own glory and excellence.  4 For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakes of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 

            5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.  8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.

 

Answer to yesterday’s Bible Question:  “Satan” (2 Corinthians 11:14).

 

Today’s Bible Question:  “Whose son was sick at Capernaum?”

 

Answer in our next SD.

 

10/25/2013 3:44 PM

 

 

 

             

           

           

No comments:

Post a Comment