Friday, March 13, 2015

The Song of the Worthy One PT-1 (Rev. 5:8-14)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 3/13/2015 11:17 AM

My Worship Time                                                         Focus:  The Song of the Worthy One PT-1

Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Revelation 5:8-14

            Message of the verses:  “8  When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. 10 “You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth." 11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing." 13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever." 14 And the four living creatures kept saying, "Amen." And the elders fell down and worshiped.”

            As I was reading over these verses I saw the word “and” many times in them, which caused me to say that there were a lot of things added to what John was saying in them.  If my count is correct there are 32 “ands” total in these verses.

            When the Lamb begins to move and take this scroll worship begins from those who are in heaven, and probably everywhere in the universe, for as we learned from looking at Paul’s writing to the Romans we saw that the whole universe is in morning because of the curse of sin that is upon it and it is all about to change, for in seven short years the curse will be done.  I have to say that when I studied this in the past that this moment did not mean as much to me as it does not while looking at it again.  The following is what I wrote in my Spiritual diary on April 25, 2005 “After the Lamb took the book the four living beings and also the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, and this certainly is worship, and not only were they worshiping the Lamb, but they held in their hand a golden bowl that was full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.  Worship and prayer certainly do go together as seen in this scene.  There was also music involved in this worship service for the twenty-four elders also had harps in their hands.  So as we again look at this scene we see God the Father, God the Son, the four living beings, and the twenty-four elders along with John.  The prayers of God’s people who are on earth are also represented at this worship service.”

            In verses 9-10 we see the song begin and again I want to quote from another Spiritual Diary dated April 28, 2005 in which I write about this song and what kind of song it is: “These two verses continue the worship service that is going on in heaven, and the way that it is continued is by song, and the song is about the Lord Jesus Christ who is worthy of all worship and praise.  The song starts out as a worship song, for the first words are “Worthy are you to take up the book and to break its seals.”  The song goes on to be a gospel song for it next talks about the blood that Jesus shed on the cross.  Next it is a missionary song for it goes on to says that Jesus died “to purchase for God men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.”  The next part of the song is a devotional song because it speaks of the Lord Jesus Christ making a kingdom of those who were save “to be a kingdom and priests to our God.”  Lastly it is a prophetic song for it tells about the believers one day reigning with God upon the earth, speaking of the 1000 year reign of Christ upon the earth.  There are a lot of things packed into this song.”

            It is important to note that the worship that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God receives is the same worship that the Father receives in Revelation 4:10 showing that Christ is indeed God, and always has been and always will be.

            We have mentioned that the first thing that Christ accomplished was redemption for those who will accept Him as Lord and Savior, and now He ministers in heaven as an intercessor for His children, which are children that are accused by Satan.  Jesus has this ministry because the Father accepted His sacrifice and showed this by raising Him from the dead.  Jesus Christ, at this time is not ready to be fully reigning as this will happen when the wrath of God will be completed and the curse will be removed.  Psalm 2:6-12a is something that I have been quoting, and in our last SD I believe I quoted the first part of that Psalm, but today I want to quote verses 6-12 to show of that future day when Christ will reign  “6  "But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain."  7 "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, ’You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. 8 ’Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the very ends of the earth as Your possession. 9 ’You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware.’"  10 Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; Take warning, O judges of the earth. 11 Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling. 12 Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled.”

            I will close this SD with a quote from John MacArthur:  “Dr. Donald Gray Barnhouse once observed that there are four things out of place in the universe:  the church, which should be in heaven; Israel, which should be living in peace occupying all the land promised to her; Satan, who belongs in the lake of fire, and Christ, who should be seated on His throne reigning.  All four of those anomalies will be set right when Christ takes the scroll from His Father’s hand.”

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  Once again that prayer is an interrogate part of worship, prayer where we line up our wills with the will that the Father has for us, prayer where we are taught patience as at times God will answer yes or maybe no, and then there is that answer we usually don’t really want to hear and that is to wait for a while before I answer it. I have been thinking about prayer, and in particular prayer for our pastors for many weeks, and as I think and pray about this God is showing me things that are very exciting to me, things I want to better incorporate in my prayer life. 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  To love the Lord my God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to learn to live in the love that Chris that Christ has for me.

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “The Nazarenes” (Acts 24:1-5).

Today’s Bible question:  “What disease had the man that was let down through the roof to get to Jesus?”

Answer in our next SD.

3/13/2015 11:57 AM

             

No comments:

Post a Comment