Friday, August 2, 2019

The consequence Toward Fellow Believers-Submission (Eph. 5:21)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 8/2/2019 9:42 AM

 

My Worship Time                 Focus:  “The Consequence Toward Fellow Believers:  Submission”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Ephesians 5:21

 

            Message of the verse:  21 and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.”

 

            I promised in our last SD that today’s SD will be very short.  We are in the process of finishing the outline from John MacArthur’s 20th chapter entitled “Be Filled with the Spirit—part 2,” and looking at the very short 21st verse in this 5th chapter of Ephesians. 

 

            I have mentioned that one of the things that I believe that the Lord desires me to work on this year is humility and one of the huge things that I have learned about this subject is that a humble person is a person who is filled with the Holy Spirit, the subject that we have been looking at since the 9th of July, and will finish today.

 

            Because the commentary from MacArthur’s commentary on Ephesians 5:21 is only two paragraphs I will just take the time to quote it and then give a few comments on my own.

 

            “The filling and control of the Holy Spirit will lead us to a spirit of humility, to the spirit that gives us the desire to seek the welfare of others before our own and to be mutually submissive.  The rich details of this verse will be discussed in the next chapter, since the verse provides a transition to the coming section.

 

            “In the rest of chapter 5 and through 6:9, Paul expands on the principle of believer’s submission as it controls the relationship of husbands and wives, children and parents, and slaves and masters.”

 

            According to this quote and looking ahead at the next chapter in MacArthur’s commentary we will be looking at a number of things that will come out of this 21st verse of Ephesians chapter 5.  He entitles the 21st chapter “The Necessary Foundation,” and Lord willing we will begin to look at this section in our next SD.

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  There is a lot of having my toes stepped on as we go through this section of Ephesians chapter five.  I guess that the stepping on of my toes is a part of God’s answers to becoming more humble in my walk with the Lord.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Trusting the Lord to continue to teach me the things about being filled with the Spirit so that my walk with the Lord will be more pleasing to Him.

 

Today’s verse in response to yesterday’s quotation from Oswald Chambers is Psalm 19:7-8 “The Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.”

8/2/2019 9:59 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment