Saturday, February 10, 2024

PT-2 "Readiness" (Matt. 24:43-44)

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 2/10/2024 1:43 PM

 

My Worship Time                                                                                   Focus:  PT-2 “Readiness”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                    Reference:  Matt. 24:43-44

 

            Message of the verses:  “43 "But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. 44 "For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

 

            I begin by saying that I did not get a chance to do my Spiritual Diary yesterday as our schedule was very difficult as my wife and I were traveling from the West Coast back to our home in Ohio.  As we were traveling on both Thursday and Friday I was thinking about how the Lord has made it possible to travel that far in a really small amount of time.  I have to say that it is the Lord who made all of these “laws” in order for airplanes to fly and many people to be on airplanes when they fly.  Yes man invented airplane flights but it was the Lord who, through His laws that allow this in the first place.  It was a mostly fun month away from home visiting my wife’s family in Hawaii, but it is good to be back home in Ohio, something that I probably never thought I would say.  Cleveland, Ohio, where we live near has the second least amount of sunshine in the United States, second only to Seattle, Washington and that makes it tough not seeing the sun, where it shines most every day in Maui.  I want to now go back to our study in Matthew chapter 24, a study that I began on November 19th of last year, and a study that I have learned a lot from, and hope that all who have been following these Spiritual Diaries have also gleamed truths from.

 

            Now we are talking about readiness in this section of Matthew 24, and in this context, being ready seems to refer primarily to being saved, of being spiritually prepared to meet our Lord Jesus Christ who is King of kings, rather than meeting Him as Judge, that you really don’t want to do for after all Jesus took the place of sinners on the cross, and God the Father poured out His great and complete wrath on His Son those very, very difficult hours of darkness on the cross.  He took our wrath and through His mercy gives those who accept Him eternal life, life to be with Him forever.  Now Jesus had already warned (Matt. 24:37-42), everyone in the end time should be expectantly alert for His appearing, and as He mentions in verses 45-51, faithfulness to Him by those who are already saved is commanded.  However the indispensable preparation for His coming, apart from which expectancy will be pointless and faithfulness will be impossible, is the preparation of salvation, of being redeemed through the blood of Christ.  Otherwise a person will be ready only for judgment and damnation.

 

            Ok, I will save the rest of this section for tomorrow as trying to study and to concentrate on difficult things is harder with jet-lag.  My friend told me, and he has traveled a lot, that it takes one day per hour of jet-lag that you are going through, and so I guess around Monday I will be feeling “normal.”

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  It was good to meet a man on the plane yesterday who I got to talk to about the wonderful prophecy in Daniel chapter nine, may the Lord bless him as he looks at that one-of-a-kind places in the Word of God.

 

            My Steps of Faith for Today:  Trust the Lord to keep my head clear in order to do the things that He has called me to do.

 

2/10/2024 2:08 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment