Saturday, October 3, 2026

“His Faithfulness” (Luke 8:49-50)

 

MORNING SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/3/2026 9:59 AM

My Worship Time                                                                                  Focus:  “His Faithfulness”

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                                 Reference:  Luke 8:49-50

            Message of the verses:  “While He was still speaking, someone came from the house of the synagogue official, saying, “Your daughter has died; do not trouble the Teacher anymore.”  But when Jesus heard this, He answered him, “Do not be afraid any longer; only believe, and she will be made well.”

            This message that Jesus heard spoken by one of the people from the synagogue while He was just finishing up with the woman, was that the synagogue official’s daughter had just died.  It was told to Jairus “Your daughter has died; do not trouble the Teacher anymore.”  This delay over the woman had proven deadly, and Jairus’s daughter had died something that was his worst fear had happened.  MacArthur writes “While Jesus was ministering to a lowly outcast, the child of one of one of Capernaum’s leading citizens had died.  The unnamed messenger evidently did not believe Christ could raise the little girl from the dead.  Therefore he saw no further need to keep Jesus from His ministry to others in the crowd.  Didaskalon (Teacher) was a title of great respect.  It was appropriate for Jesus since teaching, not performing miracles, was the primary focus of His ministry (cf. Mark 1:38).”

(cf. Mark 1:38)

“38  And he said to them, “Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also, for that is why I came out.”

            “Though Luke does not record it, at this point Jairus said to Jesus, ‘My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her, and she will live’ (Matt. 9:18).  Unlike the doubtful messenger, Jairus believed that Jesus had the power to raise his daughter from the dead as He had the young man in Nain.

            “When Jesus heard Jairus’s report of his daughter’s death He answered him, ‘Do not be afraid any longer; only believe, and she will be made well.’  Jesus was not making Jairus’s faith a condition for resurrecting his daughter, but was encouraging and reassuring him.  Although Jairus had faith that Jesus could resurrect her, his faith was mingled with fear (cf. Mark 9:24).”

 (cf. Mark 9:24)

“24  Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

“The Lord exhorted him to stop being afraid and to keep believing in His promise that his daughter would be made well (cf. Matt. 17:19-20).”

(cf. Matt. 17:19-20)

“19  Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” 20  He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I think that when difficult things come into my life what I am suppose to do is to trust that the Lord will do the best for me, even though at times I may not realize that this is the best for me.

            My Steps of Faith for Today:  I am trusting the Lord to do the best for me as I continue to grieve over the homegoing of my wife.  This is probably the most difficult time in my life that I have ever faced, and I realize that this grieving is a process, and will get better, it is still a difficult thing to go through.

10/3/2026 10:25 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment