Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Pardon (2Sam. 12:13-14)

9/23/2010 9:50:17 AM



SPIRITUAL DIARY



My Worship Time                                                                             Focus:  The pardon



Bible Reading & Meditation                                                            Reference:  2Sam. 12:13-14



            Message of the verses:  “13  Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die. 14  "However, because by this deed you have given occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born to you shall surely die.’”

            David wrote two Psalms to show his repentance from these sins, and these Psalms, 32 & 51 give comfort to all who have sinned against the Lord and have truly confessed and repented from their sin.  Verse fourteen begins with the word “however” and this is the part that Dr. Wiersbe points out that this has to do with the government of God, and so God would allow David to go through the consequences of his sin, and the first part of that would be the death of Bathsheba’s son.  As mentioned in an earlier SD David would also lose three more sons and he also had a beautiful daughter rapped by her half brother and this began the great trouble in David’s family that almost cost him his throne. 



            Spiritual meaning for my life this morning:  I have been writing about the stages of how temptation and sin work in a person’s life and will repeat some of these things in this section of this SD today.  Temptation is not sin for Hebrews tells me that the Lord Jesus was tempted :  “Heb 2:18  For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.  Heb 4:15  For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.”  These two verses prove that temptation is not sin.  When I am tempted I can get rid of the temptation and one of the ways to do this is to quote 1Cor. 10:13 “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”

            Next when I give in to temptation in my mind that will be the next easiest way to not sin in my body.  Jesus spoke of this in His sermon on the mount:  “Mt 5:27  "You have heard that it was said, ’YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’; Mt 5:28  but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”  Sinning in my heart can lead to sinning in my body and it does not only mean sexual sins like is spoken of above, anger and murder begin in the heart along with other sins and in the heart is the second best place to get rid of these sins before one commits them in their bodies.

            David did not follow any of these steps and thus broke four of the Ten Commandments.  God, in His grace, forgave David and because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross I will be forgiven for all my sins, but if I continue to sin then I will not be in wonderful fellowship with the Lord and will not be conformed in the image of Jesus Christ, something I have a great desire to do



My Steps of Faith for Today: 

1.      Remember the truth of 1Cor. 10:13.

2.      Give myself to the Lord for worship and service this day.

3.      Trust the Lord to guide & direct my path today.



9/23/2010 10:29:19 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment