Friday, June 21, 2013

True Love brings Dreams of the one you Love (Song of Solomon 3:1-5)



SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 6/21/2013 7:48 AM
My Worship Time                              Focus:  True love brings Dreams of the one you love
Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Song of Solomon 3:1-5
            Message of the verses:  1 ¶ “On my bed night after night I sought him Whom my soul loves; I sought him but did not find him. 2 ’I must arise now and go about the city; In the streets and in the squares I must seek him whom my soul loves.’ I sought him but did not find him. 3 “The watchmen who make the rounds in the city found me, And I said, ’Have you seen him whom my soul loves?’ 4  "Scarcely had I left them When I found him whom my soul loves; I held on to him and would not let him go Until I had brought him to my mother’s house, And into the room of her who conceived me." 5 “I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the hinds of the field, That you will not arouse or awaken my love Until she pleases.’”
            Look’s like this SD will not be very long as it only covers the first five verses in chapter three.  It is the belief of Warren Wiersbe that what we read here is a dream that the Shulamite has and perhaps the reason that she has this dream is that she had a guilty conscience over not going with her beloved when he came to see her.  I suppose that when a person is in love that they do have dreams about the person that they are in love with because that person is on their mind much of the time.
            I was reading in the commentary on Song of Solomon this morning written by Tommy Nelson, a person I mentioned in an earlier SD, and he told the story about a young girl in the church he pastors in Texas who was walking down the street and was actually looked like she was floating along, for she was in love.  He stopped to offer her a ride but she just wanted to walk.  Sometime later while he was delivering his sermon he looked out to see the young woman in the pew and she looked completely different.  He look disturbed him so much that he lost his train of thought for a while.  After completing his sermon he went directly to talk to the young woman and it did not take too long for him to discover that her and her boyfriend had broke up, but while they were still together they had a sexual experience and son not the young woman was not only upset about the break up, but also upset that she had slept with him.  The Shulamite gives advice to the daughters of Jerusalem about this very thing, and this is not the first time that she had given them this advice.
            In the dream that she had he takes him to the very room where she was conceived, and this reminds us of what Isaac did with Rebecca, as their marriage was consummated in the tent of his mother.  The story of how Isaac got is wife is the longest chapter in the book of Genesis, and like that story and the Song of Solomon they both picture God’s love for us. 
            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I have mentioned how marriage is a picture of the trinity in that as in the trinity and in marriage we must submit to each other.  I think that I also mentioned that the biggest problem of married couples becoming one is selfishness, and it is my desire not to be selfish even though this is a hard task, and can only be done through the power of the Holy Spirit working in my life.
My Steps of Faith for Today:  Trust the Holy Spirit of God to work in my life so that I will not be selfish as much as I have been in the past.
Memory verses for the week:  Psalm 46:1-2
            1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  2 Therefore we will not fear, though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
Answer to yesterday’s Bible Question:  “Jerusalem” (Mark 11:15)
Today’s Bible Question:  “Who said ‘I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation?’”
Answer in tomorrow’s SD.
6/21/2013 8:48 AM   
             

No comments:

Post a Comment