Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Deceitful People (Ezekiel 22:28)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 2/4/2015 8:34 PM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  A Deceitful People

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Ezekiel 22:28

            Message of the verse:  “28  "Her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ’Thus says the Lord GOD,’ when the LORD has not spoken.”

            In our study of the book of Jeremiah we have seen similar things that we see in this verse, that is that the false prophets were telling lies to the common people to encourage them saying that God would not allow the city of Jerusalem to fall because of His covenant with David.  This was a lie for all they had to do was to find a scroll of Deuteronomy and look at it and they would see that God had already prophesied that the God would judge His people because of their sin and take them out of the land that He had given to them, and then He would bring them back into their land and then they would sin more, which they did by crucifying the Lord Jesus Christ and then He would remove them again.  These people were actually putting God in a box saying what He could and could not do and they were wrong.  Let us now look at Jeremiah 23:16-22 “16 Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you. They are leading you into futility; They speak a vision of their own imagination, Not from the mouth of the LORD. 17 “They keep saying to those who despise Me, ’The LORD has said, "You will have peace"’; And as for everyone who walks in the stubbornness of his own heart, They say, ’Calamity will not come upon you.’ 18 “But who has stood in the council of the LORD, That he should see and hear His word? Who has given heed to His word and listened? 19 “Behold, the storm of the LORD has gone forth in wrath, Even a whirling tempest; It will swirl down on the head of the wicked. 20  "The anger of the LORD will not turn back Until He has performed and carried out the purposes of His heart; In the last days you will clearly understand it. 21 “I did not send these prophets, But they ran. I did not speak to them, But they prophesied. 22 “But if they had stood in My council, Then they would have announced My words to My people, And would have turned them back from their evil way And from the evil of their deeds.”

            I want to copy a prayer request from my prayer sheet that I use 5-6 times a week which has to do with wisdom.  The reason that I want to copy this is because this is what we need when we hear things that people say that they heard from the Lord as these false prophets did.  First of all the Word of God is finished as we now have a completed Bible so no one is getting direct revelation from the Lord any more, and those who say they do are lying, plain and simple.  Follow the guide lines of this prayer request to help get wisdom from the Lord and also help to understand when you are being lied to, and remember Satan is the father of lies. 

1.      I Pray that the Lord will give me and also our pastors wisdom in all of the decisions that we have to make today.  Proverbs 3:5-6 says “5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.”   “I’m putting on the belt of truth.  I ask You to make it very clear to me what I am to accept into my life and what I am to reject.  Help me to see clearly the motives of others as they deal with me and converse with me.  Let me walk in Your truth, making decisions and choices according to Your plans and purposes for my life.”  This quote comes from a book by Charles Stanley on the spiritual struggles of a believer and what to do to prevent these troubles.”

2/4/2015 9:09 PM   

No comments:

Post a Comment