Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Return of Satan (Rev. 20:7)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/13/2015 9:13 AM

My Worship Time                                                                                Focus:  The Return of Satan

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Revelation 20:7

            Message of the verses:  “7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison.”

            Before we begin looking at verse seven I want to quote what I wrote on verses 5-6 of Revelation 20 on Nov. 16, 2005. 

            “I have been taught that at this point all of the righteous will have been raised from the dead and the one’s being written about in verse six are those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  Dr. Wiersbe points out that verse six contains the sixth of seven beatitudes that are in the letter of Revelations. 

            “Another thing has just come into my mind as I was again reading the sixth verse and that I have read some commentators who have said that those who come out of the tribulation, who are saved may die during the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth, but if I understand these verses correctly the only other resurrection will be those who are lost and then go into the Great White Throne Judgment, with this having been said I think that not only all of those who have come out of the tribulation period alive and were believers, along with all of their offspring that they have will stay alive until the 1000 years is complete.”

            When I think about the last portion of what I read back in November 2005 it does make sense to me that only those who die during the Tribulation period will be unbelievers.  I read a fictional book that was a part of the “Left Behind Series” that took place during the millennial kingdom and the authors wrote about if people had not accepted Christ as Savior by the time they were one hundred years old that they would die, but as I said it was fictional and I have to say that this was one part that I did not agree with.

            We have been looking at what will go on with Satan and because I had a difficult time sleeping last night I was reading the Bible in the middle of the night in chapters 9-10 or Revelation and I was reading about someone with a key coming down to release some very awful demons from the abyss, and we learned that this was probably Satan who had the key to the abyss and who opened it to let them out as this was the fifth trumpet judgment we are talking about here.  Anyway my thoughts if that Satan had the key to the abyss he must have given it back because we learned in our recent SD’s that a strong angel had the key to the abyss in order to put Satan into it where he would be for one thousand years.  Now we see in verse seven that Satan will be released from his prison.  It doesn’t say who had the key to let him out, but perhaps it was the same strong angel who put him in that lets him out.

            John MacArthur writes “To review briefly, Scripture teaches that no unsaved people will enter the kingdom.  Only the redeemed from among the Jewish (12:6, 13-17; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:26) and Gentile (7:9-17) survivors of the Tribulation will go into the kingdom in their normal, physical bodies.  The perfect environmental and social conditions of the Millennium, coupled with the lengthened life spans of those physically alive (Isa. 65:20), wil cause their children to proliferate.

            “Though the initial inhabitants of the millennial kingdom will all be redeemed, they will still possess a sinful human nature.  And as all parents have done since the Fall, they will pass that sin nature on to their offspring.  Each successive generation throughout the thousand years will be made up of sinners in need of salvation.  Many will come to saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  But amazingly, despite the personal rule of Christ on earth, despite the most moral society the world will ever know, many others will love their sin and reject Him (cf. Rom. 8:7).  Even the utopian conditions of the Millennium will not change the sad reality of human depravity.  As they did during His incarnational presence on earth, sinners will refuse the grace and reject the lordship of the King of all the earth. That is not surprising, since even the perfect conditions of the Garden of Eden were not sufficient to keep sinless Adam and Eve from rebelling against God.  The issue regarding salvation is never lack of information (cf. Rom. 1:18-20); it is love of sin (John 3:19).  Those who openly rebel will face swift judgment (2:27; 12:5; 19:15; Ps. 2:9), including the withholding of rain on their land (Zech. 14:16-19).  But enough unrepentant sinners will be alive at the end of the Millennium for Satan to lead a worldwide rebellion.”

            Lord willing we will look at the detains of that revolt in our next SD, but we know that it would not happen if Satan would not be released from his prison where he will have been for 1000 years.  When he is released he will provide the leadership that these unbelievers will need to bring about this revolt.  When he is released this will be his goal to find those who are not believer and begin the final revolt against God in human history.

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  This verse adds to the many verses that speak of Satan and how evil he is and that as Paul writes that in our own strength we cannot defeat him, but the Lord Jesus Christ has defeated him at the cross and as a believer I need to put on my Spiritual armor as directed in Ephesians chapter six.  At this time I want to include the prayer that I have taken much time to put together in order for me to put on the spiritual armor:

“Putting on the Spiritual Armor:  I desire to put on the different pieces of the Spiritual Armor as found in Ephesians chapter six.  I know that when I put these on that I am putting on the Lord Jesus Christ as described in Ro 13:14 “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.”  I desire to please the Lord as I am protected by the Spiritual Armor.  I now take up the belt of truth, knowing that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, knowing that His Word is truth and I desire to be protected by His truth.  I put on the breastplate of righteousness thanking God for the righteousness that I have in Christ Jesus, and it is my desire to be protected by His righteousness and live before Him in righteousness.  I put on the shoes of the Gospel of Peace, thanking God for his provision of peace with Him through the blood of the cross, and also thanking God who provides the peace that passes all understanding.  I take up the shield of faith to stop all of the fiery darts of Satan, and I ask God to not allow me to add fuel to those darts Satan shoots at me.  I put on the helmet of the hope of Salvation, knowing Jesus Christ will soon come again therefore I am not to have my roots in this world.  I am to be living as if the Lord will come back today.  I take up the first offensive weapon which is the Sword of the Spirit and this is the Word of God to be used to combat the devil with its truth.  Second I desire to pray which is the second offensive weapon, and an example of how I am to pray is found in “Mark 14:38  "Keep watching and praying that you may not come into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.’”

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Remember that I, along with every believer are in a battle and in need of the armor God has provided us with.

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “Bethesda” (John 5:2).

Today’s Bible question:  “After the death of Stephen, who went to Samaria to preach Christ?”

Answer in our next SD.

10/13/2015 9:55 AM

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment