Thursday, October 3, 2019

PT-1 "The Battle: Against Demons" (Eph. 6:12)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/3/2019 10:41 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                      Focus:  PT-1 The Battle:  Against Demons

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Ephesians 6:12

 

            Message of the verse:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

 

            I have to say that there are many believers who do not believe that there is a spiritual battle going on between the believers in Jesus Christ and the invisible and supernatural realm.  Paul makes it clear in this verse that there is a battle going on with this supernatural realm and with the followers of Jesus Christ.  If you look around our country you can see the battle for the soul of our country in the balance as people desire to kill unborn babies, yet they want murders to go free.  This is only a sample of what is going on in our country, and the reason that I mention it is because it is my belief that Satan is behind all of the evil that we see in our country, a country that 50 years ago would never put up with what is going on today.  I have mentioned that the Satan is behind what millions of people believe, and that is evolution and the reason that I have said this is because once you take God out of the creation of then you are not responsible for anything that you do because you are not accountable to God.  As far as demons making havoc with nations this can be seen in the book of Daniel.  12 Then he said to me, "Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. 13 "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia.  Daniel was praying and as can be seen here a high ranking angel was coming to talk to him to give him the answer he wanted to here, but was stopped by a high ranking demon, who is entitled “the prince of the kingdom of Persia.”  Persia is modern day Iran. John MacArthur writes “The war between God and Satan has not diminished but intensified, and so has its front on this earth.”  He goes on to write about the word struggle:  Pale (‘struggle’) was used of hand-to-hand combat and especially of wrestling.  As in our own day, wrestling was characterized by trickery and deception—with the difference that in fights in ancient Rome the conflict was real and often a matter of life for the winner and death for the loser.  Though Satan and his minions know they are sentenced eternally to the bottomless pit prepared in hell for them, they seek desperately to change that fate.  If they can—warring ceaselessly to break the power of God and destroy the things of God, especially the church.”    I remember when I first became a believer and was talking to someone about the end times and he stated that those who follow Satan, and there are many who do, think that Satan is going to win.  I read the last book in the Bible and Satan looses.

 

            Our greatest enemy as believers is with the forces that we cannot see as opposed to those that we can see.  Those who are not flesh and blood are the demons which is a vast array of adversaries who like the devil are not flesh and blood.

 

            Paul speaks of different rankings of the world of those who are not flesh and blood, something I mentioned from the quote in Daniel 10.  Rulers, powers, and world forces of this darkness along with spiritual forces of wickedness describe the different strata and different rankings of those demons and the evil, supernatural empire in which they operate.  John MacArthur adds “Human beings who promote paganism, the occult, and various other ungodly and immoral movements and programs are but dupes of Satan and his demons—trapped by sin into unwittingly helping to fulfill his schemes.”

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  Remember that I am in a battle, and trust the Lord to give me strength for the battles.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Be humble in the battle as I can only rely on the Lord to get me through.

 

Today’s quote from “Love in Action” talks about our verse from yesterday (Pr. 12:25).

 

“Have you ever been weighed down by anxiety when someone came along and spoke a good word that lifted your spirit?  During one of the deepest, darkest times in my life, a fellow pastor called me just to say, ‘David, I want you to know I love you, and know you are going through some hurt.  I want you to know I’m here if you need me.  I want to pray with you.’  And he prayed with me on the phone.  He called me every week for several weeks with a word of encouragement.  He poured courage into my heart.”

 

That is what encouragement is, pouring courage into someone’s heart.

 

10/3/2019 11:35 AM  

No comments:

Post a Comment