Thursday, October 10, 2019

PT-3 "Intro to the Believer's Armor" (Eph. 6:14-15)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/10/2019 9:52 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                     Focus:  PT-3 “Intro to the Believer’s Armor”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Ephesians 6:14-15

 

            Message of the verses:  14  Stand therefore, having your loins girded about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and your feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace” (KJ21).

 

            In our last SD we began to look at different ways that Satan opposes us and stated that in John MacArthur’s commentary that he list nine way, and we looked at two of them in our last SD, and stated we will continue to look at them in today’s SD.

 

            We begin today by looking at the third ways Satan attacks believers and that is through doctrinal confusion and falsehood.  I have written in my Spiritual Diaries the importance of staying in the Word of God, and not just reading it but memorizing it and meditating on it.  If this is not done in the believers life on a consistent basis then Satan can bring confusion to them.  We know that Satan tried this trick on our Lord as seen in Matthew chapter four when Satan quoted a verse from the Psalms, but left out a couple of words, but this did not fool our Lord as he rebuked Satan’s attempt to cause Him to fall by quoting back from the book of Deuteronomy.5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple 6 and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, “He will command his angels concerning you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” 7 Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test’” (Matt. 4:5-7).  Satan quoted Psalm 91:11-12 which I will quote now and show you the words that he left out:  11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways. 12 They will bear you up in their hands, That you do not strike your foot against a stone.”  The highlighted words are the words that Satan left out.

 

            One of the things that I do while in church is to listen intently to the messages that Pastors preach and one of the things that I have done from time to time is disagree with some of the points that the Pastor’s bring out in their sermon because they do not go along with what the Bible has to say.  I don’t confront them in a mean spirited way, or don’t confront them for small points, but for things that can cause people to be misled.  It has always been my desire to know what the Word of God says so that I am not fooled by unscriptural messages.

 

            Let’s move to number four and that is that Satan attacks God’s people by hindering their service to the Lord.  Satan will oppose every faithful life and also every effective ministry.  We can see from Paul’s writings that Satan opposed him in Ephesus as seen in 1 Cor. 16:9 where Paul writes about having “many adversaries.”  Satan gave Paul a thorn in the flesh to buffet him as seen in 2 Cor. 12:7 “Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me-to keep me from exalting myself!” 

 

            Fifthly we see that Satan attacks believers by causing divisions.  In our study of the gospel of John and in particular chapter 17 we read the following “11 "I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are.” “21  that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22  "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; 23  I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me” (John 17:11, 21-23). 

 

            It was about three or so years ago that I was moved by the Lord to begin to pray for unity in our church.  I did not see any signs of disunity but felt it necessary to pray for continued unity, which I still do.  I emailed our head deacon and spoke my concerns to which he replied that he too had been praying for unity, and said that he had not seen any signs of disunity either.  Our Pastors and deacons spent the next year or so reading over a book by Charles Swindoll which was entitle “Hand Me Another Brick,” as this was a study in the book of Nehemiah and promoted unity.  Yes Satan tries to bring disunity to families, friends, and churches and if we are not protected he can be affective.

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today: Both from reading Ephesians six and also from Dr. Wiersbe’s book I am reminded to stay in the Word of God and to memorize it and meditate upon it.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Remember humility as I go throughout my day.

 

Today’s rather long quotation from “Love in Action” comes from the Living Bible and from 1 Corinthians 1:4-9.

 

I can never stop

thanking God for all the

wonderful gifts he has given you,

now that you are Christ’s; he has enriched

your whole life.  He has helped you to speak

out for Him and has given you a full understanding

of the truth; what I told you Christ could do for you has

happened!  Now you have every grace and blessing; every

spiritual gift and power for doing His will….He guarantees

right up to the end that you will be counted free from all

sin and guilt on that day when He returns.  God will

surely do this for you, for he always does just

what He says, and He is the One who invited

you into this wonderful friendship with

His Son, even Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:4-9 TLB

 

10/10/2019 10:40 AM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment