Tuesday, January 5, 2021

PT-2 "Worry about Food" (Matt. 6:26)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/5/2021 10:49 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                     Focus:   PT-2 “Worry about Food”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 6:26

 

            Message of the verse:  26 “Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?”

 

            We have been talking about what Jesus had to say about how the birds were feed, and said that it was God who cares for them and I believe that He but instinct into all creatures to act like they are suppose to act, which in the case of the birds they instantly do what they are to do in order to eat.  However Jesus does not suggest that birds do nothing to feed themselves.  I suppose that all of us have observed birds and are impressed with their diligence and also persistence in foraging for food.  I, like many people have squirrels in my back yards and they like birds spend much of their time in the hunting for food and eating food, and in the case of the squirrel putting food away so they can have it in the winter time.  I have to say that I have seen fat squirrels in my time, especially in the fall, but haven’t seen fat birds unless they were in cages as birds never worry much about stockpiling their food.  Perhaps this is what Jesus uses birds as an example and not squirrels.  MacArthur adds that “certain species store seeds or nuts for winter, but they do so out of instinctive sense, not out of fear or worry.  Much less do they stockpile simply for the sake of gloating over their hoard.  In their own limited way they illustrate what we should know: that the ‘heavenly Father feeds them.’”

 

            We know that man is the only being that was created in the image of God, for certainly birds were not, as no bird was ever promised heirship with Jesus Christ throughout all eternity, but humans were, the ones that realize that they were born a sinner, and sin because of that and also know that there is nothing they can do on their own to get to heaven, so therefore all humans must admit (confess) they are sinners and ask the Lord to forgive them of their sins and then invite Jesus Christ into their lives to save them. 

 

            In MacArthur sermon he talks about some who think the world’s supply of food is going to run out.  Let me say that there are always at least 1007 years left before the Lord will destroy the world.  The 1000 is the length of the Millennial kingdom, and the seven is the length of the Tribulation period, and they we have to add the reminder of the church age which we don’t know how long that is, but believe it is getting closer.  My point is that there will be enough food to sustain the population of the earth as long as people don’t act foolishly and allow cows to eat it all as they do in India.

 

            We have farmers in our country who can plant and supply far more than we consume in our country and as believers we should thank the Lord for the abundance of food that we have in our country, and as Jesus says here we are not to worry over the lack of food. 

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  As Jesus states here I am to trust the Lord for the food I eat each day, and not worry about it because of His great love that He has for me.

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I trust that the Holy Spirit will use what He has given me to say to three of my friends as I meet with them today to talk about something very important to me, and hopefully to them.

 

1/5/2021 11:18 AM   

No comments:

Post a Comment