Friday, October 8, 2021

PT-3 "The Analogy" (Matt. 10:16a)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/8/2021 10:09 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  PT-3 “The Analogy”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matt. 10:16a

 

            Message of the verse:  16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves;”

 

            We have been talking about how the sheep (believers) are to go in among the wolves (unbelievers) and begin to minister to them, to tell them the truth about their need for salvation.  However we are not to present the gospel dishonestly and misleadingly for that is to be unfaithful to the Lord and to those to whom we present it.  Now it is because of false promises, that many unredeemed people remain on the broad road that leads to destruction while being under the delusion they are on the road to life.  I mentioned that before my former wife died that I went down to talk to her and she assured me that she would soon be in heaven.  That did not stop me from presenting the truth about the gospel and how I became a believer.  I went to her funeral a few weeks later and when I heard the “Pastor” who was a woman speak my thoughts were that this woman gave my former wife the wrong news about the gospel.  This angered me to no end.  I don’t know where she is now as that was not up to me, but up to God but I do know that this was an example of someone giving the wrong news about the good news.  This is still upsetting to me as it happened back at the beginning of May of this year.  Now there are many believers who are confirmed in the spiritual mediocrity and unfruitfulness, thinking their health, wealth, and material success is the certain mark of divine approval.  There are still other believers that are disillusioned and embittered because their lives of obedience, faithfulness, and sacrifice for Christ have not been materially rewarded.  These are all issues of the health and wealth gospel that is very prominent in our world today, especially the ones on TV who try and steal money from the inspected who have tuned in to listen to them.

 

            MacArthur writes “After the siege of Rome in 1849, Garibaldi said to his soldiers , ‘Men, all our efforts against superior forces have been unavailing.  I have nothing to offer you but hunger and thirst, hardship and death.  But I call on who love their country to join with me.’  After the Allies were forced to evacuate Dunkirk in 1040, Churchill said to his fellow Englishmen, ‘All I can offer you is blood, sweat, and tears.’

 

            “If those human leaders refused to send out their fellow countrymen to war under false pretenses, how much less would the divine Son of God!  Jesus does not send out His followers without warning about the demands and dangers of discipleship.  Nor did His apostles mislead the early church about what belonging to Christ would cost.  As he wrote to encourage and strengthen Timothy, his son in the faith, Paul also assured him that ‘all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted’ (2 Tim. 3:12).  Godly lives are not marked by continual suffering and hardship inflicted on them by the unbelieving world.  Neither the life of Jesus nor the lives of the apostles were characterized by uninterrupted hardship and persecution.  But faithfulness to God guarantees that at some times and to some degree Satan and his world system will exact a price for it.”

 

            People in the USA have lived without persecution ever since the nation was founded.  I became a believer in January of 1974 and after listening to a series of sermons by Hal Lindsey on the end times I believed that at sometime in the future that persecution would come to our country as Satan never stops his battle against the church.  Unless the Lord terries I believe that Christians will be persecuted in our country as this has began is places where the governors in some states tried to stop believers from meeting in their churches, but allowed gambling places to remain open.  IT IS COMING!

 

10/8/2021 10:35 AM    

No comments:

Post a Comment