Sunday, October 24, 2021

PT-3 "Intro to Matt. 10:24-31

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/24/2021 8:01 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                        Focus:  PT-3 “Intro to Matthew 10:24-31”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                         Reference:  Matthew 10:24-31

 

            Message of the verse:  24 “A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. 25 “It is enough for the disciple that he become as his teacher, and the slave as his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household! 26 “Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. 27 “What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops. 28 “And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 “Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 “Therefore do not fear; you are of more value than many sparrows.”

 

            The following is the quotation from MacArthur’s commentary from Jonathan Edwards, the great preacher and theologian whom God used to bring revival to colonial America.

 

“I claim no right to myself, no right to this understanding, this will, these affections that are in me.  Neither do I have any right to this body or its members, no right to this tongue, to these hands, feet, ears or eyes.  I have given myself clear away and not retained anything on my own.  I have been to God this morning and told Him I have given myself wholly to Him, I have given every power so that for the future I claim no right to myself in any respect.  I have expressly promised Him, for by His grace I will not fail.  I take Him as my whole portion and felicity, looking upon nothing else as any part of my happiness.  His law is the constant rule of my obedience.  I will fight with all my might against the world, the flesh and the devil to the end of my life.  I will adhere to the faith of the gospel however hazardous and difficult the profession and practice of it may be.  I pray God for the sake of others to look on this as self-dedication.  Henceforth, I am not to act in any respect as my own.  I shall act as my own if I ever make use of any of my powers to do anything that is not to the glory of God or to fail to make the glorifying of Him my whole and entire business.  If I murmur in the least at affliction, if I am in any way uncharitable, if I revenge my own case, if I do anything purely to please myself or omit anything because it is a great denial, if I trust myself, if I take any praise for any good which Christ does by me, or if I am in any way proud, I shall act as my own and not God’s.  But I purpose to be absolutely His.”

 

            Now as I look at this quotation from Edwards and think about it, all I can say is that I am blown away because I know that this man was the one that God used to bring about a great revival in our land before we became a country as the revival was greatly necessary to happen right before the Revolutionary War.  Another would come right before the Civil War, and I pray that in God’s mercy and grace that another one will come to our land before the Rapture of the Church which I pray is not far off.

 

10/24/2021 8:33 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment