Sunday, October 23, 2022

PT-2 "The Terror of the Father" (Matt. 17:5-6)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 10/23/2022 7:44 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                             Focus:  PT-2 “The Terror of the Father”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 17:5-6

 

            Message of the verses:  5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and behold, a voice out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" 6 And when the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and were much afraid.”

 

            We want to begin with, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased, and think about what this can mean.  In calling Jesus “My Beloved Son” this speaks of His relationship with Him in divine nature, however it also speaks of divine love.  They had a relationship of mutual love, commitment, and identification in every way.  Now we move onto with whom I am well-pleased, and see that the Father has declared His approval with everything the Son was, said, and what He did.  Everything about Jesus was in perfect accord with the Father’s will and plan, for after all in eternity past is where this plan was made for the Son and He has kept it just the way that it was planned.  Here are some verses that we can look at to show that Jesus was doing His Father’s will.

Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner (John 5:19).

"And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him" (John 8:29).

37 "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38  but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father" (John 10:37-38).

49 “For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 50 “I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me" (John 12:49-50)

 

            Lord willing we will continue looking at the last part of these verses in our next SD.

 

10/23/2022 8:03 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment