Sunday, April 14, 2024

PT-3 "The Preparation of Loving Worship" (Matt. 26:6-13)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 4/14/2024 7:59 AM

 

My Worship Time                                          Focus:  PT-3 “The Preparation of Loving Worship”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference: “Matthew 26:6-13”

 

            Message of the verses:6 Now when Jesus was in Bethany, at the home of Simon the leper, 7 a woman came to Him with an alabaster vial of very costly perfume, and she poured it on His head as He reclined at the table. 8 But the disciples were indignant when they saw this, and said, "Why this waste? 9 “For this perfume might have been sold for a high price and the money given to the poor." 10 But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you bother the woman? For she has done a good deed to Me. 11 “For you always have the poor with you; but you do not always have Me. 12 “For when she poured this perfume on My body, she did it to prepare Me for burial. 13 “Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be spoken of in memory of her.’”

 

            We can get the picture that none of the disciples had any idea of what Mary was doing in this loving act of worship, and so we can see that they were very insensitive as the disciples were indignant when they saw this, and said, "Why this waste?  Now at this time I desire to finish looking at the paragraph that John MacArthur was writing and then I wish to take a few minutes to write something that I mentioned in a part of my last SD on this subject.  “At the instigation of the traitorous Judas (see John 12:4-5) they suggested that the ‘perfume might have been sold for a high price and the money given to the poor.’  One thing we do know and that is Judas was not interested in the poor.  “Even had that pragmatic and seemingly altruistic notion been pursued, however, it would not likely have benefited many poor people.  Because Judas was treasurer of the group and also a thief, he no doubt would have embezzled most of the money for himself (See John 12:6).  Now that he was totally disillusioned with Jesus, he probably felt even more justified in stealing whatever he could before going his own way.”

 

            It seemed to me that this act that Mary did for Jesus, this wonderful act of worship that the Lord was speaking to me, and what came to my head was that I do do some of these types of acts of worship but not nearly enough.  The other day I was listening to a sermon, and I don’t remember who was speaking but the subject of getting the gospel around the world was the theme and at that moment I got to thinking of how the Lord worked in my heart a while back to start putting my spiritual diaries onto a blog site. I had been writing Spiritual Diaries since the late 1990’s as I began doing them after meeting a medical doctor who began this process many years earlier.  I decided to put them on my computer so that I could save them, and then quite a few years later was encouraged to put them onto a blog.  Our daughter and son-in-law had trouble in conceiving children and so they went overseas to adopt as son in Kyrgyzstan and while there they began a blog about their experiences.  That is what the Lord used to cause me to begin to write the blogs that I write.  My wife and I were living on the Hawaiian island of Kawaii, and it was there that I began my first blog, but for some reason I began two blogs and so I was putting some of those older Spiritual Diaries onto the second blog.  In my heart I believe this is my worship to the Lord and believe that the Holy Spirit of God is the One who uses this act of worship that I do each day.  I also believe that the Holy Spirit of God is using these Spiritual Diaries to take the gospel around the world as there are many more of them looked at outside the United States than inside the United States, and that has not been the cause for the first 10 years that I have been doing this.  It humbles me to see what the Spirit of God is doing with this simple act of worship to my Lord and my Savior, Jesus Christ and my prayer is that He will continue to give me the inspiritation to write and post my Spiritual Diaries onto my blogs each and every day until the Lord returns at the Rapture of the Church, and then by His grace will use them even into the Tribulation period.

 

4/14/2024 8:26 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment