MORNING SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 8/21/2026
11:51 AM
My
Worship Time Focus:
PT-3
“Verses that Speak of The Expected One.”
I will
continue looking at MacArthur’s commentary this morning.
“Every
spotless, innocent lamb offered as a sacrifice pictured the final sacrifice of
the ‘Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world’ (John 1:29; cf. 1 Peter
1:18-19).”
(John 1:29; cf. 1 Peter 1:18-19)
“29 ¶ The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him,
and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”
“18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile
ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver
or gold, 19 but with the precious blood
of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.”
“The manna
in the wilderness foreshadowed the coming of the Expected One, the true bread
of life (John 6:31-58).”
(John 6:31-58)
“31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness;
as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’" 32 Jesus then said to them, "Truly, truly,
I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father
gives you the true bread from heaven. 33
For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to
the world." 34 They said to him,
“Sir, give us this bread always.” 35
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me
shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and
yet do not believe. 37 All that the
Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.
38 For I have come down from heaven, not
to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that
I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last
day. 40 For this is the will of my
Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have
eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." 41 So the Jews grumbled about him, because he
said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of
Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down
from heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered them,
"Do not grumble among yourselves. 44
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I
will raise him up on the last day. 45 It
is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who
has heard and learned from the Father comes to me— 46 not that anyone has seen the Father except he
who is from God; he has seen the Father. 47
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness,
and they died. 50 This is the bread that
comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from
heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that
I will give for the life of the world is my flesh." 52 The Jews then disputed among themselves,
saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I
say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you
have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on
my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the
last day. 55 For my flesh is true food,
and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever
feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent me, and I live
because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.
58 This is the bread that came down from
heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this
bread will live forever.’”
“Aaron and
all the high priests who succeeded him pictured the Lord Jesus Christ, the
great high priest (Heb. 2:17; 3:1; 4:14-15; 6:20) who was to come.”
(Heb. 2:17; 3:1; 4:14-15; 6:20)
17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers
in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest
in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.”
“1 ¶ Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a
heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our
confession,”
“14 Since then we have a great high priest who
has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our
confession. 15 For we do not have a high
priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every
respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.”
“20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our
behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.”
“The fiery
serpent in the wilderness, to whom sinners bitten by poisonous snakes looked
and were healed, symbolizes Jesus, who declared, ‘As Moses lifted up the
serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that
whoever believes will in in Him have eternal life’ (John 3:14-15).
“The Expected
One was to be the ultimate prophet of whom Moses spoke (Deut. 18:15-19; cf.
Acts 3:22-23; 7:37).”
(Deut. 18:15-19; cf. Acts 3:22-23;
7:37)
“ 15 ¶ "The LORD your God will raise up for you
a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers— it is to him you shall
listen--16 just as you desired of the
LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let me not
hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I
die.’ 17 And the LORD said to me, ‘They
are right in what they have spoken. 18 I
will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will
put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.
19 And whoever will not listen to my
words that he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him.”
“22 Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for
you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever
he tells you. 23 And it shall be that
every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the
people.’
“37 This is the Moses who said to the Israelites,
‘God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers.’”
Spiritual
Meaning for my Life Today: I desire to continue to study the Word of God
each day in order to better understand the God of the Word.
My
Steps of Faith for Today: Trusting the Lord to keep me close to Him and
to do things that are pleasing to Him.
8/21/2026
12:10 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment