Saturday, August 8, 2026

“The Decision” (Luke 6:46-49)

 

EVENING SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 8/8/2026 9:36 PM

My Worship Time                                                                                      Focus:  “The Decision”

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                                 Reference:  Luke 6:46-49

            Message of the verses:  46 “Now why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when there was a flood, the river burst against that house and yet it could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49 But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation; and the river burst against it and it immediately collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

            This evening’s SD will be rather short because this is actually an introduction to this section.  I am almost done with this sixth chapter of Luke, something that I have been working on since the 8th of June, but has to stop when my wife was so sick, and then she went to be with her Lord on the 29th of July, and I miss her very much, but I am trusting that the Lord will see me through this difficult time and give me the strength to do what He desires me to do in order to bring honor to the Lord Jesus Christ.

            “Jesus closed His sermon by challenging His hearers to make a choice.  People face decisions throughout their lives, choices about diet, medical care, lifestyle, career, relationships, and education, to name a few.  But the one that far overshadows all the rest is the choice that fixes a person’s eternal destiny.  The concluding parable of the Sermon on the Mount reveals two aspects of that  decision:  its nature and its consequences.”

            As I stated this section is just the introduction to the last sub-sections that will finish this chapter, and Lord willing I will do one tomorrow morning and then one tomorrow evening.

8/8/2026 9:49 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment