MORNING SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 8/11/2026
8:20 AM
My
Worship Time Focus:
“The
Content of the Centurion’s Amazing Faith”
Bible
Reading & Meditation Reference: Luke
7:2a-5a
Message of the verses: “who was highly regarded by him, was sick
and about to die. 3 When he heard about Jesus, he sent
some Jewish elders asking Him to come and save the life of his slave. 4 When
they came to Jesus, they earnestly implored Him, saying, "He is worthy for
You to grant this to him; 5 for he loves our nation and it
was he who built us our synagogue." 6 Now Jesus
started on His way with them; and when He was not far from the house, the
centurion sent friends, saying to Him, "Lord, do not trouble Yourself
further, for I am not worthy for You to come under my roof; 7 for
this reason I did not even consider myself worthy to come to You, but just say
the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 "For I
also am a man placed under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this
one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave,
'Do this!' and he does it." 9 Now when Jesus heard
this, He marveled at him, and turned and said to the crowd that was following
Him, "I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such great
faith." 10 When those who had been sent returned to
the house, they found the slave in good health.”
This morning’s SD will just be the introduction to
these verses seen above, and so it will be a very short SD. We will be looking at four aspects of the
centurion’s exemplary faith as they stand out in the narrative: his great love, his great generosity, his
great humility, and his great trust.
Now let me write something about
what this day, 8-11-2026 means to me, and it means a lot as it was 53 years ago
today that my wife Sandra and me got married, and now this is the first time
that I am celebrating this alone as Sandra is now in heaven with her Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ.
We meet on March 11, 1972 and
neither of us were then believers in Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, but
soon after we were married, some five months while I was visiting a friend in Casselberry
Florida I was listening to some tapes about the end times from a man named Hal
Lindsey, and the Holy Spirit of God opened my heart to accept the total
forgiveness God offered me through His Son Jesus Christ. I called Sandy to tell her what happened to
me and she did come down to Florida for a few days knowing that something had
happened to me. It would be sometime in
April of that same year that Sandra also called upon the Lord for salvation,
and so we had the beginnings of a marriage based on what the Lord had to say
about marriage.
There is no better gift than to
receive the salvation that our Lord offers through His shed blood while on the
cross taking my sin, my wife’s sin and all who will call upon Him for
salvation. I miss my wife very much, but
know that she is in heaven with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ awaiting the
rapture of the church just like I am awaiting the rapture of the church. I know that I will see her again, and that
makes my sorrow different from anyone who does not have this sure hope that
Christ offers.
Lord willing I will begin “His Great
Love” the first aspect mentioned above, in this evening’s SD.
Spiritual
Meaning for my Life Today: I cling to the great hope of one
day being with my Savior and Lord in the rapture, so that I can also be able to
see Sandy, hoping that the Lord will allow us to work together in what the
Bible calls the Millennial Kingdom.
My
Steps of Faith for Today: Trusting what I have written above will be
what the Lord has for me.
8/11/2026
8:42 AM
No comments:
Post a Comment