Thursday, April 23, 2015

During the Invasion PT-2 (Ezek. 39:1-8)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 4/23/2015 9:49 PM

My Worship Time                                                                  Focus:  During the Invasion PT-2

Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Ezekiel 39:1-8

            Message of the verses:  “1 "And you, son of man, prophesy against Gog and say, ’Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal; 2 and I will turn you around, drive you on, take you up from the remotest parts of the north and bring you against the mountains of Israel. 3 “I will strike your bow from your left hand and dash down your arrows from your right hand. 4 “You will fall on the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you as food to every kind of predatory bird and beast of the field. 5 “You will fall on the open field; for it is I who have spoken," declares the Lord GOD. 6 “And I will send fire upon Magog and those who inhabit the coastlands in safety; and they will know that I am the LORD. 7 “My holy name I will make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I will not let My holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.  8 "Behold, it is coming and it shall be done," declares the Lord GOD. "That is the day of which I have spoken.”

            The more that I look at this passage and especially since I am also studying the book of Revelation, the more I think that this happens inside the Tribulation Period and not before the Tribulation Period, which is something I have already mentioned, but now it seems more clear to me. One of the reasons is because of the language that we find in this section things like because of this battle that the Lord causes to happen and as a result of it God receives glory, the people of Israel will know that He is God, and also the world will know that the Lord is God.  These are things that the Bible says will happen during the Tribulation Period which are in the last days as Ezekiel says that this will happen in.

            We see that God will led this army down into Israel and then will destroy them and we mentioned that one of the reasons that this will happen is because of the way that they have treated Israel, the apple of God’s eye. 

            One of the reasons that many people believe that Russia is involved in this and even heads this coalition up is because of the words “remotest parts of the north.”  I also mentioned that Rosh is the way that the Jews speak of Russia.  However there are many who believe that this prophecy speaks of only nations in the Middle East.  Keep in mind that whether or not the passage speaks of Russia or a Middle Eastern Country it only speaks of those who are against Israel and not true believers in Jesus Christ. 

            Like I said before God is going fishing and He will bring this collation of countries down to Israel so that He can destroy them.  This happens because it is a part of God’s wrath and I want to quote the same words that I quoted in my SD from Revelation this morning here so the wrath of God can be explained:  “This is not an impulsive outburst of anger aimed capriciously at people whom God does not like.  It is settled, determined response of a righteous God against sin (cf. Pss. 2:5, 12; 45:7; 75:8; 76:6, 7; 78:49-51; 90:7-9; Isa. 51:17; Jer. 25:15-16 Jn. 3:36; Rom. 9:22; Eph. 5:6; Col. 3:5-6).”  This is a verse note from Romans 1:18 from the John MacArthur Study Bible.

            I believe from Warren Wiersbe’s commentary that he believes that this will happen in the early part of the Tribulation and the reason is that we have seen that the beginning of the Tribulation Period starts with the Antichrist making a peace treaty with Israel.  Wiersbe writes “We’re tempted to speculate on how the European leader responded to this remarkable series of events.  No sooner did he guarantee his protection to Israel than a coalition of nations invaded Palestine and he couldn’t do anything about it.  Perhaps he said that the ‘forces of nature’ were under his control! At least the Jews could build their temple without interference from the neighboring nations.  The Lord will give Antichrist what he wants, but in the end, it will all combine to lead to his destruction.”

            I have listened to and read many commentators who are very sure that their theory or prediction of what this passage says is correct, and maybe it is, but I want to keep an open mind about this as far as who the nations are and also when this battle will take place.  All I can say for sure is that one day it will happen just as Ezekiel says it will happen.

4/23/2015 10:23 PM

 

           

           

No comments:

Post a Comment