Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rescuing the Flock (Eze. 34:11-22)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 4/8/2015 4:25 PM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  Rescuing the Flock

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Ezekiel 34:11-22

            Message of the verses:  “11 For thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12  "As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day. 13 “I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and bring them to their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the inhabited places of the land. 14 “I will feed them in a good pasture, and their grazing ground will be on the mountain heights of Israel. There they will lie down on good grazing ground and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 “I will feed My flock and I will lead them to rest," declares the Lord GOD. 16 “I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick; but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with judgment.  17 "As for you, My flock, thus says the Lord GOD, ’Behold, I will judge between one sheep and another, between the rams and the male goats. 18 ’Is it too slight a thing for you that you should feed in the good pasture, that you must tread down with your feet the rest of your pastures? Or that you should drink of the clear waters, that you must foul the rest with your feet? 19 ’As for My flock, they must eat what you tread down with your feet and drink what you foul with your feet!’" 20 Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD to them, "Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 "Because you push with side and with shoulder, and thrust at all the weak with your horns until you have scattered them abroad, 22  therefore, I will deliver My flock, and they will no longer be a prey; and I will judge between one sheep and another.” 

            This is one of the times in the OT prophets where we see basically in the same chapter and even in the same paragraph where the prophet speaks of things that will soon take place and thing that will take place in the distant future.  We see a number of times in this section that the Lord says that He will judge between on sheep and another and this reminds me of what our Lord said in His Olivet Discourse where we will look at Matthew chapter 25:  “Mt 25:32 “All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.”  This prophecy will happen at the very end of the Tribulation Period just after the Lord Jesus returns physically to planet earth as seen in Revelation chapter 19. I believe that the prophecy we are looking at in Ezekiel may take place when the Lord returns from heaven and also during the Millennial Kingdom.   We see also in this passage from Ezekiel that the children of Israel have a strong leader to lead them and this certainly did not happen when they returned to their land 70 years after they returned from Babylon.

            This message was given to the exiles who had just been through much trouble and they probably had many questions as to whether or not they would ever go back to their land and so this message gave them hope.  There were many among these exiles who never thought that God would allow them to have to leave their land, and one of the reasons was because of the false prophets that they listened to both while in Jerusalem and then when they were taken captive and sent to Babylon.  God has a plan for the nation of Israel as we will see especially through these last chapters of the book of Ezekiel, and I can say that the Prime Minister of the current state of Israel actually said a few years back when he was making an address for the 60th anniversary of the Jews being let out of Auschwitz that the prophecies of Ezekiel 36-37 were actually fulfilled there and I believe the reason he made that statement was because of the slaughter of Jewish people that happened in these types of camps led the United Nations to create the new state of Israel.  When we get to those chapters we will see better why he made that satatement.

4/8/2015 5:00 PM   

No comments:

Post a Comment