Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Living Army (Ezek. 37:9-14)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 4/18/2015 8:11 PM

My Worship Time                                                                                    Focus:  The Living Army

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Ezekiel 37:9-14

            Message of the verses:  “9 Then He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ’Thus says the Lord GOD, "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life."’" 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army. 11 Then He said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, ’Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.’ 12 “Therefore prophesy and say to them, ’Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. 13 “Then you will know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. 14 “I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the LORD, have spoken and done it," declares the LORD.’"”

            Dr. Wiersbe writes the following about the word which is translated “wind” “In the Hebrew language, the word ruah can mean wind, breath, spirit, or Spirit.  Jesus made use of this when He spoke to Nicodemus about the blowing of the wind and the new birth through the Spirit (John 3:5-8).  There’s also a reference here to the creation of Adam in Genesis 2.  At his creation, Adam was complete physically, but he had no life until the breath of God entered into him (v.7).  When Ezekiel spoke the living Word of God, the breath from God entered the dead bodies and they lived and stood to their feet.”  I would like at this time to give some insight into when I became a believer and as we look first at John 3:5-8 I will then comment on it.  “5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 “Do not be amazed that I said to you, ’You must be born again.’ 8 "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."  That is exactly what happened to me whenever I became born from above as Jesus said in this section of Scripture.  I had heard the gospel as I listened to tapes about the end times, it was as if I had never heard it before and as a matter of fact I never remember hearing it before.  I don’t remember praying to ask Jesus into my heart, but as Jesus said in this section the wind blows where it wishes and this is speaking of how the Spirit moves on a person.  All I know that I was different, different in a good way different in that the Lord had cleaned up my mouth as I did not swear anymore nor want to swear anymore, something I had  tried to stop earlier in my life as I knew it was wrong, but I could not stop until I became born from above.  This is what Ezekiel is prophesying about as these bones become alive they are born from above by the Spirit of God.  Remember what Romans 11:26 says “and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."”  It seems to me that this will all happen during the last part of the Tribulation Period, but I am sure others have different ideas, but that is what I have learned about this and so that is why I write what I did.

            Dr. Wiersbe writes “There will come a day when God’s living Word of command will go forth and call His people from their ‘graves,’ the nations to which they have been scattered across the world (Ezek. 37:21; Jer. 31:8; Matt. 24:31).  The Children of Israel will come together, but the nation will not have spiritual life until they see their Messiah, believing on Him, and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit of life (Ezek. 39:29); Zech. 12:9-13:1).  The nation will be born—and born again—‘in a day (Isa. 66:7-9).”  He writes the following endnote on this section:  “To interpret this vision as announcing the return of the remnant from Babylon or even the emergence of a nation of Israel in the world community is to misinterpret the message.  Political Israel today is like the standing army without life, and there has been no great return of Jews to their Holy Land.  The fulfillment of the vision is yet to come.”  At this present time there are more Jews living in the Land of Israel than the rest that are still scattered around the world.  However I believe what Dr. Wiersbe wrote in this endnote, but it was written before so many Jews had returned to Israel. 

            I have mentioned that one of the reasons that I read Warren Wiersbe’s commentaries and books it because that they are easy to understand and they seem to convict me, especially when he writes about the spiritual meanings of different passages like this one and I want to share it in this Spiritual Diary.  “Of course, there is a spiritual application in this vision for any individual or ministry that is in need of new life from God.  Too often God’s people are like that stand army, lifelike but not alive.  How does the life come?  Through the Holy Spirit using the faithful proclamation of the Word of God.  Said Charles Spurgeon, ‘Decayed churches can most certainly be revived by the preaching of the Word, accompanied by the coming of the heavenly breath from the four winds.’  From time to time, in response to His people’s prayers, the Lord has seen fit to send a new ‘breath of life’ to His church and His servants, and for that blessing we should be praying today.”  I do pray for that every day.

 4/18/2015 8:45 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment