Saturday, November 12, 2016

PT-2 "Comfort Comes From Trusting Christ's Proclamation" (John 14:4-6)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 11/12/2016 11:52 AM

My Worship Time                 Focus:  PT-2 Comfort Comes Form Trusting Christ’s Proclamation

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  John 14:4-6

            Message of the verses:  “4 "And you know the way where I am going." 5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”

            As we continue to look at these very familiar verses we come to the realization that the Bible teaches us that God may be approached solely through His only-begotten Son.  This is what Jesus is saying here and we learn a similar thing from Acts 4:12 which says “"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."”  That name of course is the name of Jesus Christ.  There are other verses from the Scriptures that teach this very same truth, a truth as I stated in our last SD is not at all popular with people in the world who would say that there are more than one way for us to get to heaven.  John MacArthur writes “The postmodern belief that there are many paths to religious truth is a satanic lie.  F. F. Bruce writes, ‘He [Jesus] is, in fact, the only way by which men and women may come to the Father; there is no other way.  If this seems offensively exclusive, let it be borne in mind that the one who makes this claim is the incarnate Word, the revealer of the Father.  If God has no avenue of communication with mankind apart from his Word…mankind has no avenue of approach to God apart from that same Word, who became flesh and dwelt among us in order to supply such an avenue of approach.’

            “Jesus alone reveals God, and no one who rejects His proclamation of the truth can legitimately claim to know God.  It was because the early Christians taught that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation that Christianity became known as ‘The Way’ (Acts 9:2; 19:9, 23:22:4; 24:14, 22).”

            Now as I think about this truth and those who do not want to accept it I have to come to the conclusion that their problem is that they want to become their own gods, to do things like they want to do them, to make up things that fit their needs and wants and not realize that God created everything that we see and many things that we cannot see and it is all His, He owns it all and can do with it what so ever He wants to do with it, including provide a way of salvation the way He wants to provide it.  God is so very gracious in sending His Son to become a man to take our place on the cross, to pay for our sins and the simple truth of it is that if we accept this simple way that He has provided for us that we will be saved, and if we chose to go our own way and not believe this way that He provided for us we will be eternally lost, so the choice is up to us.

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I am so thankful for the lovingkindness of our God who sent His Son to take my place on the cross so that I can accept that forgiveness that He has provided for me, and I will ever praise Him for this.

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Trust the Lord to give me great understand and to keep me in His control as I have to get in front of our church body to pray for our upcoming ministry which I have been a part of.  I am thankful that the Lord has shown me what I am to pray for and I desire for the Lord to give me the calmness of heart to do what He is leading me to do, that it will all be done for His glory.

Memory verse for the week:  (Romans 6:16) “16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either sin resulting to death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness.”

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “Jacob” (Genesis 29:18).

Today’s Bible question:  “In what country was Paul and his companions burdened excessively, beyond our strength?”

Answer in our next SD.

11/12/2016 12:17 PM  

No comments:

Post a Comment