Friday, June 11, 2021

PT-2 "Intro to Matt. 9:27-33a)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 6/11/2021 8:56 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                               Focus:  PT-2 “Intro to Matt. 9:27-33a”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                               Reference:  Matthew 9:27-33a

 

            Message of the verses:  27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!" 28 When He entered the house, the blind men came up to Him, and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They *said to Him, "Yes, Lord." 29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, "It shall be done to you according to your faith." 30 And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them: "See that no one knows about this!" 31 But they went out and spread the news about Him throughout all that land. 32 As they were going out, a mute, demon-possessed man was brought to Him. 33 After the demon was cast out, the mute man spoke;”

 

            I have to say that since I have better understood the meaning of the theme of Matthew that it has been so much more meaningful to me in my study of this book.  Now I want to again quote from MacArthur’s commentary as he reviews this theme:  “The Gospels present a dazzling preview of Jesus’ coming eternal kingdom.  When He was transfigured on the mountain, the veil of His flesh was pulled back to reveal before the eyes of Peter, James, and John a glimpse of His divine majesty, a microcosmic display of His eternal reign in majestic glory (Matt. 17:2).  The climax of Jesus’ divine preview came at Pentecost, as the outpouring of His promised Holy Spirit fulfilled the prophecy of Joel that ‘it shall be in the last days, God says, ‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit upon mankind’’(Acts 2:16-17; cf. Joel 2:28).  Throughout His entire ministry Jesus displayed a series of glimpses of the ultimate power He will demonstrate when He establishes His thousand-year rule on the present earth and then His eternal rule in the new heaven and the new earth.”  I don’t know about you, but I am certainly looking forward to being with the Lord and eventually serving Him in the 1000 year kingdom age, and then on into the eternal kingdom.

 

            We have mentioned that in chapters 8-9 that Matthew was presenting three series of a total of nine miracles to see Jesus’ claim to messiahship.  In 9:18-26 we saw the first two of the last three miracles that Matthew describes, as he shows Jesus’ power to restore sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf.  In raising Jairus’s daughter from the dead, the Lord demonstrated His ultimate power over death.  And because death is the ultimate and the inescapable penalty of sin, Jesus’ power over death also demonstrated even more than did His power to heal disease that His claim to forgive sin as seen in Matthew 9:2-6 was not empty, as He surely could do that for that is the reason that He came to earth this first time.  Now in healing the woman with the hemorrhage as seen in 9:20-22, and now the healing of the blind and the deaf men, as we see in our text for today, Jesus continued to demonstrate His power over physical evils and corruption that has all happened because of sin as it produces all of these.  Through the miracles of restoring sight to the blind eyes and sound t deaf ears, Jesus again affirmed His ability not only to restore life to the body but also to restore life, and function to any of the individual parts of the human body.

 

            So this is the introduction to these verses that we will be studying over the next few days beginning with the first main section “Healing The Two Blind Men,” and then looking at a number of sub-sections under that main section.

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I realize that I am living in an invisible kingdom age at this time, but look forward to living in the next kingdom age which will last for 1000 years and in that age I will have a glorified body in order to minister for my Lord.  Until that I know that my body is not a glorified one as I can tell that as I continue to age each day.  My trust is in the Lord to see me through this aging process.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I trust that the Lord will give me wisdom to help me get through this episode with my bad guts.

 

6/11/2021 9:33 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment