Friday, May 13, 2022

PT-1 "The Parable of the Householder: Proclamation"

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 5/13/2022 4:34 PM

 

My Worship Time                         Focus:  PT-1 “The Parable of the Householder: Proclamation”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                    Reference:  Matt. 13:51-52

 

            Message of the verses:  51 “Have you understood all these things?" They said to Him, "Yes." 52 And He said to them, "Therefore every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a head of a household, who brings forth out of his treasure things new and old.’”

 

            As we begin to look at this section I can say that I am happy to be able to read some commentary on these verses because I sure am having a problem understanding what my Lord is saying here.

 

            John MacArthur writes Understood comes from suniemi, which has the literal meaning of bringing or putting together.  ‘Have you rightly put all these things together?’  Jesus was asking.  ‘Have you understood what I have been saying about the kingdom in these parables?  Do you comprehend the truth that the present form of the kingdom will continue to have good and evil in it?  Do you realize that believers will continue to grow in numbers and to permeate and influence the world?  Do you know that entering the kingdom involves the recognition of the worthlessness of everything a person has apart from salvation in Jesus Christ?  Do you see that the final separation of the righteousness and wicked is inexorable and inescapable, and that the fate of both is eternal—the righteous to everlasting life and the wicked to everlasting punishment?’”

 

            Well I suppose this would be a great test to give to all of those following my Spiritual Diaries on my blog.  I suppose it would be a good test for the person who is writing those Spiritual Diaries too!  I have to say that I for one am thankful for those questions that John MacArthur is asking because it is a great reminder of what we have been studying ever since March 15th of this year when we began to look at this wonderful 13th chapter found in Matthew’s gospel.  I for one have been learning some great truths from these parables.

 

            Well we can look at what the answer that His disciples gave as they said to Him, “Yes.”  However from what they later said and did, we know their understanding was far from perfect.  But Jesus accepted their response as genuine; otherwise He would not have said to them the words of verse 52 “And He said to them, "Therefore every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a head of a household, who brings forth out of his treasure things new and old.’”  So on the level at which they were able to understand at that time, they really understood.

 

            I am going to have to stop at this point as I am very tired from not getting enough sleep last night and also I led a Bible Study this afternoon too.

 

5/13/2022 4:52 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment