Sunday, December 21, 2014

False Hope PT-2 (Ezek. 14:21-23)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 12/21/2014 10:49 AM

My Worship Time                                                                                     Focus:  False Hope PT-2

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Ezekiel 14:21-23

            Message of the verses:  We will attempt to finish this section in today’s SD as it is not a very long one.

            God’s Judgments Vindicated (Ezekiel 14:21-23):   “21 For thus says the Lord GOD, "How much more when I send My four severe judgments against Jerusalem: sword, famine, wild beasts and plague to cut off man and beast from it! 22 “Yet, behold, survivors will be left in it who will be brought out, both sons and daughters. Behold, they are going to come forth to you and you will see their conduct and actions; then you will be comforted for the calamity which I have brought against Jerusalem for everything which I have brought upon it. 23  "Then they will comfort you when you see their conduct and actions, for you will know that I have not done in vain whatever I did to it," declares the Lord GOD.”

            Now according to the commentary that I have read from Dr. Wiersbe he states that those who make it out of Jerusalem alive will not be believers.  He writes “The hearts of these survivors must have been incurably sinful if they could watch the siege, see thousands die, be spared themselves, and still not repent and turn to the Lord.  Indeed, their eyes were blind, their ears were deaf, and they were a stubborn and rebellious people.”  Now as I am preparing to begin my study on the book of Revelations which will hopefully begin early next year I have run across verses that show that during the time of the tribulation period that there will be people just like these that are described here.  “15 Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; 16  and they *said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17  for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" (Rev. 6:15-17)”  20  The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk; 21  and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts (Rev. 19:20-21).”  All of these verses show that there are people that no matter what they see from the Lord they will not repent and come to Him to be saved.

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  It has been almost 41 years ago that the Lord called me to Himself to be saved from my sins and I am so blessed for that call and for my salvation.  I remember when I was working that a man told me that he was in a church where there was a revival meeting going on and he knew that he should have gone forward to accept the Lord as his Savior, but he left and his drive hope was very miserable as he wished he would have gone forward to receive Christ as his Savior and Lord.  “Today is the day of Salvation.”

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Trust the Lord to allow me to continue to tell others about how they too can be saved.

Memory verses for the week:  2 Peter 1:5-6.

5 For this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge self-control, and in your self-control perseverance and in your perseverance, godliness,

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “Minor.”

Today’s Bible question:  “What happened to Ahab at Ramoth-Gilead?”

Answer in our next SD.

12/21/2014 11:15 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment