Monday, January 11, 2016

Introduction to Micah 7:7-20


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/11/2016 11:43 PM

My Worship Time                                                                  Focus:  Introduction to Micah 7:7-20

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Micah 7:7-20

Message of the verses:  “7 But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. 8 Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me. 9 I will bear the indignation of the LORD Because I have sinned against Him, Until He pleads my case and executes justice for me. He will bring me out to the light, And I will see His righteousness. 10 Then my enemy will see, And shame will cover her who said to me, "Where is the LORD your God?" My eyes will look on her; At that time she will be trampled down Like mire of the streets. 11 It will be a day for building your walls. On that day will your boundary be extended. 12 It will be a day when they will come to you From Assyria and the cities of Egypt, From Egypt even to the Euphrates, Even from sea to sea and mountain to mountain. 13 And the earth will become desolate because of her inhabitants, On account of the fruit of their deeds.

“14 Shepherd Your people with Your scepter, The flock of Your possession Which dwells by itself in the woodland, In the midst of a fruitful field. Let them feed in Bashan and Gilead As in the days of old. 15 “As in the days when you came out from the land of Egypt, I will show you miracles." 16 Nations will see and be ashamed Of all their might. They will put their hand on their mouth, Their ears will be deaf. 17 They will lick the dust like a serpent, Like reptiles of the earth. They will come trembling out of their fortresses; To the LORD our God they will come in dread And they will be afraid before You. 18 Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in unchanging love. 19 He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. Yes, You will cast all their sins Into the depths of the sea. 20 You will give truth to Jacob And unchanging love to Abraham, Which You swore to our forefathers From the days of old.”

You may think that this is a funny place to give an introduction, but this is the way that Dr. Wiersbe has broken up this chapter as we begin our final main point in the book of Micah.  Dr. Wiersbe entitles this last main point “Because of God’s great mercies, Trust in the Lord.”

He writes in this introduction to this section:  The prophet reached a turning point when he looked away from the sins of the people and meditated on the faithfulness of the Lord.  ‘But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me’ (V. 7 NIV).  He would ‘watch and pray’ and put his trust only in the Lord.  This verse is the ‘bridge’ that connects the sections on sin and judgment with this closing section of hope.

“In this final section of Micah’s third message, we must distinguish several voices:  the nation (vv. 8-10), the prophet (vv. 11-13), the Lord (vv. 14-15), and the prophet again (vv. 16-20).  We must also realize that Micah is looking down through the centuries with prophetic vision to the time when Israel will come through great tribulation to come, ‘dress rehearsals’ as it were.  But the future will bring victory to God’s people, not defeat, when the Lord fulfills His promises and establishes the kingdom.”

1/12/2016 12:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment