Monday, January 31, 2022

PT-1 "Intro to Blaspheming the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 12-22-32)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/31/2022 9:50 AM

 

My Worship Time                                          Focus: PT-1 Intro to “Blaspheming the Holy Spirit”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                    Reference:  Matt. 12:22-32

 

            Message of the verses:  22 Then there was brought to Him a demon-possessed man who was blind and dumb, and He healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed, and began to say, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" 24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons." 25 And knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself shall not stand. 26 “And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? 27 “And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Consequently they shall be your judges. 28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 “Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 “He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31 “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come.”

 

            The first thing that I want to do is go back to the 3rd chapter of the book of Genesis and talk a bit about what happened there when man first sinned.  I have to say that if God was not a forgiving God that He would have just destroyed mankind at that point, and started over if He desired to do so.  Even before that when Lucifer sinned and became the devil, God could have destroyed him and then start over if that was what He wanted to do.  The point that I want to make here is that God is a forgiving God, and we can see that through many different passages found in the Old and New Testaments.  Let me say one more thing here and that is before God created man everything was perfect, and as one looks at God’s attributes they too were perfect, needing nothing.  However as one looks at His attributes of justice, mercy, and graciousness there were not being used, as far as I can see, and as far as others that I have read who wrote on the attributes of God.  Once man sinned than God’s justice, mercy and also graciousness would be seen along with His forgiveness, and perhaps  that is why God created man.

 

            Verses that speak of God’s forgiveness in the OT:  “For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You” (Ps. 86:5).  “Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases” (Ps. 103:3).  “"To the Lord our God belong compassion and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against Him;” (Dan. 9:9).  “6 Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; 7 who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations’” (Ex. 34:6-7).

“18 Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in unchanging love. 19 He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. Yes, You will cast all their sins Into the depths of the sea (Mic. 7:18-19).

 

            I have already mentioned the fact that God forgave Adam and Eve for sinning, but as we move on through the Old Testament we also see that God forgave the sinfulness of the patriarchs, as he forgave Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the sons of Jacob when as we read about them they committed many sins, but because of God’s forgiveness and God’s plan for them He forgave them, and He will forgive us if we only come to Him in repentance, as we confess our sins before Him and invite Jesus Christ into our hearts.

 

            We will conclude this first section of this intro into looking at “Blaspheming the Holy Spirit” by looking at some New Testament verses that speak of God’s forgiveness.  “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace” (Eph. 1:7).  “in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins” (Col. 1:14).  “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).  “I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name’s sake” (1 John 2:12).

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I suppose that I at times, take for granted of the truth that God has forgiven me of all my sins, past, present, and future.  However it takes a section like this that I am studying in Matthew’s gospel to remind me what it cost God, and what it cost my Savior to pay for those sins, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I trust the Lord to give me wisdom as I work on my Spiritual Diaries this week, along with preparing my two lessons that I teach too.  I cannot do this on my own, but need to have power as I rely on God’s Holy Spirit to teach me what I am to prepare and what I am to say to the classes.

 

1/31/2022 10:26 AM

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment